Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papreek

Quote from: "laura:)"
Quote from: "genybean"
Quote from: "laura:)"Have you got one Jeni or are you just enquiring?

Laura:)

No Laura, still waiting :( Have you heard? Xoxo

No, I haven't :(

I emailed Daniel the other day saying I was still very interested in going back! And I do want to go back so much! :)

Hey Laura:)

Are you a returning cast member? Were you character or parade and what was it like working/living there? I'm not sure what to expect - if I even get a contract!

Any info you can give about it would be much appreciated!!

Snowly Whitely

Hey everyone!
I used to come on here all the time but haven't for ages! Anyway, wanted to share my auditioning experience thus far and hear if anyone else has had a similar experience. I first auditioned July 2010, I month before I turned 18, so I wasn't really expecting it to come of anything being too young. I did get on the books for character and parade, but never got the call  :(  BOO! Since then I've been busy with other stuff, I went to Cyprus to work in a hotel entertainment team, so kind of forgot about the Disney dream. But I'm back in England now and decided to go to the London auditions this Sept, but I didn't get past the dance round, which I was somewhat miffed at. (Has anyone had similar, passing the audition one time then not the next?)  But I decided maybe this isn't meant to be, and I am starting teacher training next Sept anyway, so decided to give up on the dream. BUT, I have just seen there are more auditions next week and I am so tempted to go! Do we think it would be any different to last month, or am I likely to not get through again? Also, this time there is separate face character and parade auditions...How do you know which one to go to? And what will they involve?
Anyway, not decided yet whether I will go. Would be good to hear if anyone is going.
xxx
[size=150]Hey There, Hi There, Ho There! It\'s a Disney Kinda Day![/size]

Thaliel

Came back today after the casting in Berlin yesterday. Good for me, nobody noticed that I arrived around 20 minutes late due to missing the tram and having to take a taxi through the heavy Berlin Traffic (because of Skyfall premiere and opening of the new Turkish embassy).
Even though I believe my chances of being chosen are very low, it was a fantastic experience, I learned a lot and am definately happy.
<-Plz click

genybean

Oh I've just seen your reply - it doesnt send notifications when ppl reply for some reason! I don't know what I'm down for, they didn't tell us at our audition (I went on the Tuesday). Did they tell you??
From what I've read on here it doesnt sound like they call ppl and say we need you tomorrow etc so I think they do give a fair amount of notice. Still waiting for Daniel's reply - I'll let you know when I get it :) xx[/quote]

Did they try the wigs and makeup on? They told all the people for that if they were face or character and parade. I'm not sure what happened next for those that were downstairs. Has Daniel replied yet?

Xoxox

papreek

Quote from: "genybean"Oh I've just seen your reply - it doesnt send notifications when ppl reply for some reason! I don't know what I'm down for, they didn't tell us at our audition (I went on the Tuesday). Did they tell you??
From what I've read on here it doesnt sound like they call ppl and say we need you tomorrow etc so I think they do give a fair amount of notice. Still waiting for Daniel's reply - I'll let you know when I get it :) xx

Did they try the wigs and makeup on? They told all the people for that if they were face or character and parade. I'm not sure what happened next for those that were downstairs. Has Daniel replied yet?

Xoxox[/quote]

No, they said at the start of the audition that we may have to try wigs etc on but in the end no one did.
And yes Daniel replied! It was a very standard reply, saying thank you for your patience you are still on our books. And he said he always tries to give at least 2 weeks notice. I'd really love to hear from someone who has actually experienced working for them to hear what it's really like! Oh and if you scroll to the bottom of this page there are tick boxes - you can tick to be notified when someone replies :). Let me know if you get any news! xx

genybean

Craaaaaaaazy! I'll let you know if I hear. Do you have Facebook? Xoxo

goofy90

Hello is any1 going to the audition on Friday In London? I made it to the waiting list last tone but never got the call so I'm hoping that this time I can make it through again and go and live the dream :-)

laura:)

Quote from: "goofy90"Hello is any1 going to the audition on Friday In London? I made it to the waiting list last tone but never got the call so I'm hoping that this time I can make it through again and go and live the dream :-)

Hey Goofy90! How are you doing?

It's good that you're auditioning again! I still haven't received a call and I'll be off the books in January, so I'll have to audition again. They should have auditions in January and I'm definitely going to them! It's nice to know you're not giving up because I'm not going to give up either! :)

goofy90

Hi Laura:)
Yeh I'm not going to stop reaching for the dream till I am out In Paris starting work for Disney lol although I am really scared that I won't get through this time :-( I will be devastated
Hope you get the call soon :-)

Snowly Whitely

Hey goofy90!
I'm going to the audition tomorrow. I first auditioned in July 2010 and got on the books, then I went to the audition in September this year but got cut at the dance round :( but there are a couple of things i i think i could improve on so i want to give it one more shot!i am scared it Will go the same as last time but i don't think ill rest until i get to live the dream!
See you tomorrow!
Jaz
[size=150]Hey There, Hi There, Ho There! It\'s a Disney Kinda Day![/size]

genybean

Good luck all for tomorrow!! Hope we all get jobs soon xoxox

goofy90

Hi
It's nice to see other people on here going back :-) I hope we both get through n make it to paris :-) see you 2moz :-) x

goofy90

Well I didn't get through :-( absolutely devastated I made it to the dance round and then got cut! I don't know if I will audition again although I really do want to be at disney
Good luck to every1 else n hope you get to live the dream

Peter Pan

Oh no! Goofy I was actually rooting for you! You were actually amazing!

genybean

Aw I'm sorry you didn't get through! It's so tough!! I think you should keep trying though if it's your dream. If you've made it to the books before, you can do it again. You can always take some dance classes and then try again? I think it's worth it   :) xoxo