PhotoPass+ tips

Started by stifle, December 09, 2015, 09:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylove

It is just me that thinks the annual photopass+ is a bit backwards. Surely if you're getting it for a year, you should get the lanyard and the smaller cards rather than a pass for a few days. Seems a bit unfair.

stifle

Well, another way to think about it is that an annual passport holder will want something that's easy to store and use on multiple trips. The standard PhotoPass+ is intended to be used on one holiday and then thrown away. The annual one is also not really meant for sharing with friends and family, hence why there are no smaller cards.

billy

Having read this thread i think this photo pass sounds like a great idea, my only question is and I'm sorry if i sound a bit thick here is the bit about adding photos to the app.
We wont have access to the internet while we are in France so what happens about adding to the app?
If i understand correctly from all your amazing info Stifle is that at the character meet and greets its easy just hand over the card and the CM does it for you but on the rides do i find the photos which are ours and then give in my card to the CM or is this the bit where i need to add the photo to the app?
Do i need the app to be able to use the card?
Sorry but it is a bit confusing for a first timer :(

stifle

You can use it for ride photos without the app, just give the card to the CM at the desk after the tide and tell them your number, and they will add it on for you.

The app is another option for adding the ride pictures to your PhotoPass+, as well as for seeing the photos, and you can get all the functionality without it.

billy

Quote from: stifle on February 12, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
You can use it for ride photos without the app, just give the card to the CM at the desk after the tide and tell them your number, and they will add it on for you.

The app is another option for adding the ride pictures to your PhotoPass+, as well as for seeing the photos, and you can get all the functionality without it.

Thats great thank you Stifle, you are really selling me on this now all i need to do is convince my husband! lol
Thanks for everybodys great advice.

Holidayblues

Sorry if this has already been asked, just trying to see if it's worth getting a photopass

My daughter is only 4 so we won't be going on any big rides but which rides can you get a picture on? I doubt you'll be able on the teacups

We're also going cafe mickey for breakfast do they take pictures there for the photopass or will we need to take our own pictures?

Thanks ;)

haribosmum

no photographers at cafĂ© mickey (or any of the restaurants).  Buzz is a good one for photos as is Pirates (my daughter has been on that since being a toddler).  Then there will be the Mickey mouse meet and greet (in the house at fantasyland) , Princess Pavillion and Spiderman.  Then others have said that other meet and greets may have the official photographer.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

stifle

Quote from: Holidayblues on February 12, 2016, 04:01:24 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, just trying to see if it's worth getting a photopass

My daughter is only 4 so we won't be going on any big rides but which rides can you get a picture on? I doubt you'll be able on the teacups

We're also going cafe mickey for breakfast do they take pictures there for the photopass or will we need to take our own pictures?

Thanks ;)

The rides with photographs taken on ride are Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain (currently closed), Space Mountain Mission 2, The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror, and Rock & Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith. Of those, only the first two have no height restriction.

No photographers at restaurants, have to do it yourself.