OMG!! My first trip.

Started by Kitty84, February 11, 2016, 12:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty84

Im over the moon. ;D

For the first time Im going to my childhood dream.
And Im bringing my kids with me. :D

We are staying on magical circus, since none of the Disney hotels were avialible.
Just the disneyland hotel, and well, thats expensive. ;)

Now some questions :D (Norwegian, so sorry if the english is not perfect ;) )

I understand that magical circus visitors dont get the 2hours early to enter the park?

When are the firework? The girls cant wait to see it, and wants to see it the first day. Ive been searching but didnt find any time for it.

I got some health issues, wich mean that I can have troubble of walking all day the whole week we are there. How does the wheelchear hire work? Is it just to hire? Or do you need som document or something? :p Maybe stupid question though,hehe.

Ive bought the photo pass, afte reading about it here. And is it easy to use? If we see a caracter, do they always have a pfotograpfer with them? So I then just give them the card? And they fix the rest? Same on the rides? Just give them the card and they fix? :)

Are the princesses walking around? Or do I have to stand in that 3 hour lane to get a ticket to stand in a new lane? :p I think my youngest who are 8, will die if she doesnt get to se ONE princess at least. hehe.

I really cant wait. We are leaving the 21th of mars, so its "only" 40 days left.
My childhood dreams will come true. :D

NCC1701Q

Hi Kitty84,

I'm gonna try to answer at least some of your questions:
- as you are staying in a partner-hotel (and not a 100% Disney-hotel) it is correct that you do not have access to the Extra Magical Hours, unfortunately;
- the fireworks (Disney Dreams) is every day at closing time. So you have to check the opening hours of the park to know what time it is during your stay. You can check the times here: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-dlp-assets/prod/en-gb/system/images/show-and-parades.pdf
- You can rent a wheelchair without any documents. However - if you can get a letter from your doctor saying you have those health issues you might be eligible for a Easy Access Card (EAC) or a Disability Priority Card (DPC). These give you disability-friendlier access to attractions, meet-and-greets and parades/shows. You can read all about that here: https://brochure.disneylandparis.com/HCP/UK/catalogue/index.html
- the Photo Pass works almost as you predicted, with one exception: not every meet-and-greet has an official Photo-Pass-photographer. For all that do: just give the photographer the Pass and the pictures that are taken automatically end up on your account. Same goes for attractions: when you leave the attraction, go to the photograph-counter and ask the CM to put the picture on the Pass (do check the number of the picture first ofcourse!).
- Most of the Princesses are not walking around, so you have to either get a ticket for the Princess Pavillion or stand in line (just as with all the other meet-and-greets.

I'm sure other forum members will have additions to my answers, but these might give you a good start. And last but not least: have lots of fun!

Komble

Quote from: NCC1701Q on February 11, 2016, 06:27:40 AM
Hi Kitty84,

I'm gonna try to answer at least some of your questions:
- as you are staying in a partner-hotel (and not a 100% Disney-hotel) it is correct that you do not have access to the Extra Magical Hours, unfortunately;
- the fireworks (Disney Dreams) is every day at closing time. So you have to check the opening hours of the park to know what time it is during your stay. You can check the times here: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-dlp-assets/prod/en-gb/system/images/show-and-parades.pdf
- You can rent a wheelchair without any documents. However - if you can get a letter from your doctor saying you have those health issues you might be eligible for a Easy Access Card (EAC) or a Disability Priority Card (DPC). These give you disability-friendlier access to attractions, meet-and-greets and parades/shows. You can read all about that here: https://brochure.disneylandparis.com/HCP/UK/catalogue/index.html
- the Photo Pass works almost as you predicted, with one exception: not every meet-and-greet has an official Photo-Pass-photographer. For all that do: just give the photographer the Pass and the pictures that are taken automatically end up on your account. Same goes for attractions: when you leave the attraction, go to the photograph-counter and ask the CM to put the picture on the Pass (do check the number of the picture first ofcourse!).
- Most of the Princesses are not walking around, so you have to either get a ticket for the Princess Pavillion or stand in line (just as with all the other meet-and-greets.

I'm sure other forum members will have additions to my answers, but these might give you a good start. And last but not least: have lots of fun!
You answered these questions perfectly!

I will add that when I used to visit when I was younger, my mum had been recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and therefore couldn't stand for long periods of time. She went to our doctor who said this in a letter and the staff at City Hall were more than happy to give her an Easy Access Card (EAC) - it certainly made the long days easier for her and provided her somewhere to sit down during the parades and still see what was going on!

Not every character has a photopass photographer with them... The only guaranteed ones are at the Princess Pavilion (where you meet the princesses!) Meet Mickey Mouse and Spiderman in the studios!

I found out on my last day that most of the hotels have characters in them in the morning and most of these also had photopass photographers with them, so it may be worth a try sneaking into one of the other hotels one morning!

I hope you have a fantastic time! Don't forget to take your camera, you'll be gifted with soooo mamy memories you'll treasure forever!

norhel

Quote from: Kitty84 on February 11, 2016, 12:12:23 AM
Im over the moon. ;D

For the first time Im going to my childhood dream.
And Im bringing my kids with me. :D

We are staying on magical circus, since none of the Disney hotels were avialible.
Just the disneyland hotel, and well, thats expensive. ;)

Now some questions :D (Norwegian, so sorry if the english is not perfect ;) )

I understand that magical circus visitors dont get the 2hours early to enter the park?

When are the firework? The girls cant wait to see it, and wants to see it the first day. Ive been searching but didnt find any time for it.

I got some health issues, wich mean that I can have troubble of walking all day the whole week we are there. How does the wheelchear hire work? Is it just to hire? Or do you need som document or something? :p Maybe stupid question though,hehe.

Ive bought the photo pass, afte reading about it here. And is it easy to use? If we see a caracter, do they always have a pfotograpfer with them? So I then just give them the card? And they fix the rest? Same on the rides? Just give them the card and they fix? :)

Are the princesses walking around? Or do I have to stand in that 3 hour lane to get a ticket to stand in a new lane? :p I think my youngest who are 8, will die if she doesnt get to se ONE princess at least. hehe.

I really cant wait. We are leaving the 21th of mars, so its "only" 40 days left.
My childhood dreams will come true. :D

First of all, welcome to the forum from a fellow Norwegian :-)
I just wanted to say that I found this link http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/practicalities/pushchair-wheelchair-rental/ regarding wheelchairs.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

NCC1701Q

thanks for the compliment Komble!  :D

Quote from: Komble on February 11, 2016, 12:23:43 PM
You answered these questions perfectly!

I will add that when I used to visit when I was younger, my mum had been recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and therefore couldn't stand for long periods of time. She went to our doctor who said this in a letter and the staff at City Hall were more than happy to give her an Easy Access Card (EAC) - it certainly made the long days easier for her and provided her somewhere to sit down during the parades and still see what was going on!

Not every character has a photopass photographer with them... The only guaranteed ones are at the Princess Pavilion (where you meet the princesses!) Meet Mickey Mouse and Spiderman in the studios!

I found out on my last day that most of the hotels have characters in them in the morning and most of these also had photopass photographers with them, so it may be worth a try sneaking into one of the other hotels one morning!

I hope you have a fantastic time! Don't forget to take your camera, you'll be gifted with soooo mamy memories you'll treasure forever!

Kitty84

Thanx a lot for the info. :D
I really cant wait to go to Paris. :)

So if I understand it correct, I dont have to have a ticket to meet the princesses? You can stand in line to meet them? So tou dont have to stand in the ticket line from 8? hehe

haribosmum

Quote from: Kitty84 on February 12, 2016, 08:08:04 AM
So if I understand it correct, I dont have to have a ticket to meet the princesses? You can stand in line to meet them? So tou dont have to stand in the ticket line from 8? hehe

This depends when you're going.  For the next 2 weeks there is no reservation/ticket, you just turn up and the only princess is Aurora (the last 2 weeks have also been Aurora but with tickets)  They are seeing what works best so we don't know what it will change to.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Kitty84

Ah okey, I leave the 21. mars.

Kinda hope it will be just turn up.
Cause that ticket system when you have to stand in line to 2hours just to get the ticket, well better to just show up when you want hehe.