Star Wars Night

Started by onceuponadream, November 30, 2015, 11:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onceuponadream

Hi all,

Just found out about the Star Wars night on the 16th December and considering it, but have a few questions:

- If we're SL guests and already have park passes, will the full £70 ticket price still apply?
- Does this mean the park/areas of the park will close at 5.30pm on 16th? I know the main party starts at 8.30, after park closure, but I wonder if Discoveryland will be inaccessible.
- Anyone know if it's actually likely to be worth it? Is the whole park open until midnight, or just the area for the party? Are these more raucous affairs or do they tend to be quite laid back?

Thanks in advance!
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

DLPWonders (Banned)

- If we're SL guests and already have park passes, will the full £70 ticket price still apply?
Yes. You only get a discount if you're an Annual Passport holder.
- Does this mean the park/areas of the park will close at 5.30pm on 16th? I know the main party starts at 8.30, after park closure, but I wonder if Discoveryland will be inaccessible.
I just checked the official Disneyland Paris website, and the closing of the Disneyland Park is at 19.00.
You could've done this yourself ;) So obviously the ticket just gets you entrance from 17.30.
- Anyone know if it's actually likely to be worth it? Is the whole park open until midnight, or just the area for the party? Are these more raucous affairs or do they tend to be quite laid back?
Only Discoveryland is "open" (as in, attraction wise it's only Star Tours).
Since this is a completely new event, nobody can tell you whether or not it's worth it.
We know if it was worth it after the event.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

onceuponadream

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to your answer to my second question, I did check the times, but there's nothing to indicate whether Discoveryland will be closed from 17.30 to set up for the event, so I don't think it was an unreasonable thing to ask. I appreciate that you think it's obvious, but I don't think such a terse response was necessary, frankly.

Similar for my third question - if anybody has been to an event like this before - i.e. the Hallowe'en party, etc., presumably they would have some idea of what to expect. Obviously we don't know exactly what this event will be like, but other evening events would set a precedent.

DLPWonders (Banned)

This event is completely different from the Halloween Soiree or any other event that DLP has ever done.
Therefore you can't compare it, and can't give an answer regarding whether or not it's worth it.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

onceuponadream

Right, thanks. Again, I didn't know that, having never been to a Hallowe'en event at Disney.

emsamess

We have decided to go. No idea what to expect but thought we would regret it if we miss the chance. £70 seems a bit steep, so we are damn well going to enjoy ourselves!!

A&S&O

Are people entitled to refunds now that they have dropped the price?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

polar vixen

no clue.  it's a good reduction though!

emsamess

On Friday we received a phone call from Disney about the Star Wars night tickets. They said they were upgrading us to the premium package free of charge. Danced around in happiness, as free upgrades don't happen to me. Told my 8 year old that Disney were going to treat him like a VIP and today I find out its all because of a price cut.

Feel it's a bit underhand of Disney not to have given me the choice of money back or the more expensive tickets for the same price and then to tell me they were giving me a Chrustmas present of an upgrade!!

Zee79

That's is such a cheap trick! Money money money is the thought of management at times, trying to make up for losses they've recently had.