My upcoming trip

Started by pasxalis1987, November 15, 2015, 11:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimi

We are planning to do the same, wait and see how it all develops... please don't get me wrong - we all feel sorry for everyone affected in this situation more than just Disney holiday ruined - but we have been waiting for months for this trip and now i wish we hadn't told the kids already... because they are all just soo excited ( we had a talk today with them about the situation in France and that it might happen we won't go... the look on their faces was... oh i just wanted to cry) ... but we will wait and do the same like you , pasxalis1987....

mrpiggywinkles52

Not sure how relevant it is to anyone but DLP Today posted an article on the resort this weekend and said that everything seemed calm and fairly happy and "the feeling of safety prevailed" which is always nice to hear, especially since the resort hub and Disney village is much more exposed than the parks themselves.

carrydee44

Hi we are booked to go the 23rd December till 27th and it has not even entered my head to cancel.  I don't know if this is a bit naïve or not. We were there in January when the other attack took place. Yes security was tight but we have no plans to go into centre of paris this trip.  We are staying off site but we feel that this is still as safe a place as any.  Attacks like this can take place anywhere at any time.  My heart goes out to everyone caught up in this awful atrocity and for the amazing staff who are still working there hard as it is.  I hope it does not sound callous or cold but we can not let terror take over out lives no matter how short they are.

I hope that it still can be the most magical place on earth and yes it is a little haven when you go through those gates to close all that horribleness behind you.

Stay safe, to all no matter where you come from, and what religion you believe in.
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015