Just booked! First time using crossover offer!

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, November 06, 2015, 01:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi we just booked using the French crossover offer for the very first time and my were we pleased we did.

Thanks to you guys or otherwise I wouldn't of known this was possible! So for 3nights/4days at the Newport bay club this december, for 2 adults/2 children of 3/7 it cost €785/£560 roughly. Compared to the UKsite that was over £1000 but included half board (which we wasn't too fussed about as our kids aren't big eaters)

The sequioa lodge had sold out! But am looking forward to trying the Newport refurbished rooms  ;D
HNY was a little over our budget being a last minute trip at around €950. The Santa fe/Cheyenne were priced up more expensive than the Newport bay so it seemed the obvious choice.

I did check the Dutch site also but it was quite a bit dearer but included meals.

The lady was very helpful and I kind of thought she would refuse the crossover offer... But of course she didn't and said "yes that's fine" so thanks again to you guys. We saved hundreds in comparison to the UK site which is the one I've used for all of our precious trips. From now on I will always compare the other countries offers.

abismummy

Have a great time!
I booked at about the same time as you through the Dutch website. I did check out France but it was only £100 or so Euros extra for the half board so a good option for us. The lady on the phone was really nice and super helpful. I added Disney Express too and got a good deal on Eurostar direct. Ours was a lot more than yours but maybe we are going on different dates  - we are going over Christmas. We chose the Golden Forest at Sequoia as a treat as its my 50th on Christmas Eve and I thought it would be nice to go in the lounge if it gets too cold.
Have you got an email confirmation yet as im still waiting for ours? Also will be interesting to see the final amount when it comes out of the bank.
Really excited now and shopping for thermals haha x

abismummy

Oh and I also second the thanks to all of those who have given me advice on this site and been patient with my endless posts! x :D

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: abismummy on November 06, 2015, 09:38:17 PM
Have a great time!
I booked at about the same time as you through the Dutch website. I did check out France but it was only £100 or so Euros extra for the half board so a good option for us. The lady on the phone was really nice and super helpful. I added Disney Express too and got a good deal on Eurostar direct. Ours was a lot more than yours but maybe we are going on different dates  - we are going over Christmas. We chose the Golden Forest at Sequoia as a treat as its my 50th on Christmas Eve and I thought it would be nice to go in the lounge if it gets too cold.
Have you got an email confirmation yet as im still waiting for ours? Also will be interesting to see the final amount when it comes out of the bank.
Really excited now and shopping for thermals haha x

If you go over Christmas id imagine it'd be a lot more expensive the golden forest will be lovely I'm sure! I havnt experienced myself but the sequioa in general is lovely and cosy and the most popular for Christmas!

We are going mid December before schools finish! Have a wonderful time!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: abismummy on November 06, 2015, 09:39:12 PM
Oh and I also second the thanks to all of those who have given me advice on this site and been patient with my endless posts! x :D

It's really worth reading here and asking questions I mean I've been to DLP around 30 times now and I'm still learning  ;D