From 5th to 15th !

Started by Owain, April 20, 2007, 11:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

I thought this would be a cool topic to see your photos of Disneyland Paris from the 5th anniversary in comparison to the latest 15th Anniversary !

Well to start it off heres pictures of the 5th aniversary when i went, at the time i was 4 and my sister was 2! ;

Owain

Heres some i found on the internet ;

Source : //http://www.compulink.co.uk/~neverland/dlp/fiveparty.htm

RocketBabyDoll

Oh, as soon as I find my pictures from 1997 I'll post them, too.  I remember it was the Disneyland stay I enjoyed the most. I was 8 back then.
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

tubbsy

10th Birthday-does that count?

Steph is sat bottom left on the cake

Parade

Me (very pregnant!) n DH stood in front of castle... doesnt look any different....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

fly_with_me_dumbo

i'll have to look for mine, i was 6!

TowMater

Wow I think back in 1997 was like a April Fools thing at DLRP?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Reiana

I think, the 5th anniversary castle was a nightmare, but the gigant WDW 25 birthdaycakecastle was worse. I've seen both. Very scary.  :shock:
 :wink:

GeoffD

nice pictures.

When most Disney parks do something special (like decorating the castle etc.) doesn't really look too good, or nobody notices it (50th WDW + DLR).

DLP though really have pulled out all the stops and it's not hard to guess why the place is decorated  :P

Patrick

Quote from: "Reiana"I think, the 5th anniversary castle was a nightmare, but the gigant WDW 25 birthdaycakecastle was worse. I've seen both. Very scary.  :shock:

I don't know I actually rather am fond of the Castle of Fools, but still it's nice to see simplistic designs these days for the castle's anniversary.  However when I say simplistic I do not mean it was great for them to place a plaque reading 10 on the castle in 2002 and leave it there for a couple of days then take it down :roll: .

speedpacket

Quote from: "TowMater"Wow I think back in 1997 was like a April Fools thing at DLRP?
1997 wa sthe year they released the hunchback of Notre Dame movie, so yes, it was all themed into the same setting.

Personally, I liked it very much back then, even though this year's decorations really do amaze me...  I don't think I've seen a logo from DLP that was stylistically any better than what they have now...

Just bought the new pin that came out yesterday with the logo, and it's really VERY nice...  Looks really classy and more "quality" compared to what they did in the past.

Somehow I get the feeling management is finally getting that there IS a difference in an American and a European audience :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Reiana"I think, the 5th anniversary castle was a nightmare, but the gigant WDW 25 birthdaycakecastle was worse. I've seen both. Very scary.  :shock:

i think it was great, on the same rating as the 15th for me :D  :D . was that the year they had those crazy bells you could go in and press the buttons and it would make a note.

fly_with_me_dumbo

ah i cant believe i just wrote that, obviously it was seen as its the
BELLS OF NOTRE DAME. doh :roll:

shell_ely

i think the 15th are so much more classy than the 5th   :ears:

i love how they have stuck to a blue and gold colour scheme the 5th colours look all over the place very tacky and circus like  :ears:

just shows what a long way disneyland has come in 10 years  :!:

penfold12

I agree, but when you say circus like, thats exactly what they were going for! Its the Castle of Fools, a pun on The Festival of Fools from Hunchback of Notre Dame, which was the latest release at the time. So I reckon they would be pleased with your comment :lol:

speedpacket

Quote from: "penfold12"I agree, but when you say circus like, thats exactly what they were going for! Its the Castle of Fools, a pun on The Festival of Fools from Hunchback of Notre Dame, which was the latest release at the time. So I reckon they would be pleased with your comment :lol:
Exactly!

Also - I don't think you should ever "compare" such two events...  People change, things change, the world changes!!!
What is hot in design now wll probably be old-fashioned or ugly ten years from now...  In the old days, people with pale skin were very fashionable because that was a sign that they didn't have to work on the fields in the sun, and thus must have been very rich.  now, people even pay to get some tan...

I honestly believe that at the time, the decorations for the 5th anniversary wee pretty nice, especialy if you put them into perspective of the release of the hunchback - it was really festive...  (Of course, I was 10 years younger than I am now ;) )

I just on't believe you should compare them in today's era, as of course the decorations of today will seem a lot nicer than what they had ten years ago...  I would never buy one of those white computers anymore; today it's all black :) :) :) Ten years ago the white was very hot :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!