New York Hotel - Still doing kettles?

Started by BluePoptart89, October 23, 2015, 03:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluePoptart89

Very random question I know but I have read some peoples' comments saying they no longer give out kettles at reception. Taking bits with me so do not want to get there and find out they don't do them anymore.

Does anyone know for sure?

littlebitofpixiedust

I can't really help you but I'd strongly advise getting yourself a travel kettle we got ours from Asda some years ago at £5 and use it every trip, we go often and it's very small!

As far as I was aware you could "hire" at a cost from reception my nan definatley did this in a trip in 2014 as she forgot her travel kettle and we didn't have adjoining rooms it could have changed....

cazspence

We've always just requested a kettle in the room for arrival and never had to pay anything to
"Hire" it. Both HNY and DLH

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: cazspence on October 26, 2015, 08:34:43 AM
We've always just requested a kettle in the room for arrival and never had to pay anything to
"Hire" it. Both HNY and DLH

I guess the rules change from time to time but I think my nan got the money back when she returned it more like a deposit as they said people were stealing them

cazspence

Maybe depends on which hotel. I know Cheyenne and Santa Fe people had to pay to hire a kettle. We must have been lucky, we always email the hotel week before to request a kettle and bed guard and they've always been in our room on arrival. Might be an idea to send them an email if even just to confirm if they provide them anymore.