Spending money!!

Started by vickki87, October 22, 2015, 01:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vickki87

Hi everyone. Were going next week and getting a little nervous as well as been excited. I have brought snacks for lunch to have during the day, But wondered how much roughly is enough for food for 4 nights. There are 3 adults and 1 teenager going and so far have 600 for euros for food for the 4 nights. Just wondering if that should be enough???
My other half gets paid on day were traveling home so were drawing some money out while there for dinner that day and last min shopping before we head back on night. :) Any advice would help.

Zee79

This amount will depend on where you are wanting to eat & how much each of you can eat. We don't eat in table restaurants so cant help you there but I normally take 600 for 3 adults  (my teen daughter is a competitive swimmer and therefore can eat for England) and a child. This usually does us lunch & evening meal (at least one buffet restaurant). We often have our credit card as a back up.

MattR

It really depends on where you want to eat. Everything between 10 and 150€ per meal per person is possible.

You can go to MCD in the village for 8€ or you can have a three course menu in Invenstions for 150€ plus wine. We usually go to one mid tier and to one "high end" restaurant per day and don´t drink wine or any other expensive stuff and usually spend around 100€ per person per day.

polar vixen

Buffets are your best for a good fill up meal and they'll run at about 27 euros plus extra for drinks.

stifle

There's no need to bring stacks of cash, everywhere other than a few snack carts accepts credit and debit cards and they will usually give you a better rate than foreign exchange bureaux here, especially if you have a card with no foreign fees such as Metro Bank, Norwich & Peterborough, or Lloyds Avios Rewards.