Luggage Service

Started by Ruby Dawn, October 16, 2015, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruby Dawn

Hi - can I just ask for an opinion or two.  We are travelling to DLP next week and were not originally going by Eurostar but plans changed. I have always had the luggage service before but the travel agent will charge £58 to add it on for the three of us. DLP can't take a direct booking as I booked via an agent (and it would still cost £48 with them).

Is it really worth £58? We are three adults with cabin sized bags so surely just hopping on the bus to the hotel will only delay us hitting the park by an hour or so? Or am I missing a big benefit?   ???     

RockNRoller

That does seem a bit steep, I'm sure it wasn't that much when I booked several months ago.

For me the biggest benefit has always been on the last day. Yes you get your tickets on the train and get rid of your bags at the station but the bonus for me is they take them back to the station at the end of the holiday. On the one visit we didn't have the service we had to leave the park earlier than normal to go back to the hotel to collect our bags and then lug them to the station ourselves. Personally anything that gets me more time in the park is worth it.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

littlebitofpixiedust

I don't feel it is worth that. We now check in upon arrival (usually rooms are ready) if not we leave them in left luggage at hotel. Then for the way back you can book Disney express through your hotel concierge desk at a rate of €10 per room not pp. we've been doing this for at least 2 years and visit 2-4 times a year. It works just the same you put labels on and drop them to reception on morning of departure and collect at the station it saves money and we like to check in first and get freshened up  ;D

We do take a slow walk through the village but as I said I think our rooms always been ready apart from one occasion.

haribosmum

We haven't used it on the way out the last couple of visits, but have paid in the hotel for them to be taken back to the station on our last day.  Our rooms haven't always been ready but getting there earlier let us get a better choice of breakfast times etc and a bit of downtime after the journey before heading into the park.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Ruby Dawn

Hi - thanks for the replies, really useful tip about it being possible to book just the return service. I had wondered about getting to the hotel earlier to get good breakfast times as well, it's nice to know others share my planning concerns and I'm not just a lone DLP obsessive.......

I know what you mean about maximum time in the park RockNRoller and my son and his girlfriend feel the same as you - but I would be the mug paying for the luggage service!  We have a  five days stay so we can catch up on lost time I hope.    ;D

stifle

Have you considered using the guest storage to the right of Disneyland Park entrance near the Disneyland Hotel? Items can be stored there from €3 per day. Dream AP holders can store 3 items free per day.

littlebitofpixiedust

You'll also beat the long ques after the park closes for check in I used to hate that! Go to the parks all day to come back to que for half an hour and the kids and adults just want to relax. Checking in first is really a blessing yes you'll get to the park an hour later but you won't have to rush back and que

01wdw04

Quote from: Ruby Dawn on October 16, 2015, 07:21:43 PM
Hi - thanks for the replies, really useful tip about it being possible to book just the return service. I had wondered about getting to the hotel earlier to get good breakfast times as well, it's nice to know others share my planning concerns and I'm not just a lone DLP obsessive.......

I was wondering about breakfast times as well. From past experience, if you go for the luggage service at both ends, can you sort breakfast slots at the train station check-in, or only once you eventually get to the hotel at the end of the day? Spending a few days in Paris itself beforehand, so not expecting to be exhausted on arrival....
DLP - 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2012 x2, 2013
WDW - 2001, 2004
Tokyo - 20?? (tbc)

littlebitofpixiedust

Only once at hotel you can choose breakfast slots and if your hotel is really busy sometimes you get offered to have breakfast at plaza gardens in the parks  :)

Ruby Dawn

I didn't book the luggage service. I think I would rather spend the money on an extra souvenir  ;)

I am now worrying about the Euro-star and and potential delays instead!

Thanks for all the opinions and advice, much appreciated

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Ruby Dawn on October 20, 2015, 02:00:02 PM
I didn't book the luggage service. I think I would rather spend the money on an extra souvenir  ;)

Just remember you can always book for your return for only €10 per room and however many luggage you have! You do this at your hotel and collect at station saving you leaving the park early  :) extra soveigner or nice meal enjoy!

rebecca20

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on October 20, 2015, 09:04:57 PM
Quote from: Ruby Dawn on October 20, 2015, 02:00:02 PM

Just remember you can always book for your return for only €10 per room and however many luggage you have! You do this at your hotel and collect at station saving you leaving the park early  :) extra soveigner or nice meal enjoy!

It was 11 from DLPH and Sequoia this year  ???
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

littlebitofpixiedust

Ha my nan paid told me it was €10 she lied about €1 I'll have to pay her back lol  ::)

rebecca20

I must admit I thought 11 was a weird amount - had to break into my last 20 note  :(
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: rebecca20 on October 20, 2015, 11:13:15 PM
I must admit I thought 11 was a weird amount - had to break into my last 20 note  :(

It was €10 last year though I remember because I paid it myself. They just like to squeeze it up by 1 just to be annoying! Still it's very cheap compared to what they charge return pp ATM I really can see it going up and up. Because when I've booked Disney express online before they've even charged for the 2 children who do not have their own case! Which I think is terrible. And I remember there wasn't an option to select "just adults" it was for the whole party or none. We'd never do that again!