Half-Marathon sale started

Started by arvidbux, October 13, 2015, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arvidbux

Just received the email from DLP that the Half-Marathon travel packages are on sale. Or not... when you go the website and click Book Now. Nothing happens; http://run.disneylandparis.com/bookings

Any other information tells you to call them. Did the email go out too early and the systems aren't ready yet? For the extra money they charge for calling them, I'm not even going to try that option.

[attachment deleted by admin]

c3po

I clicked on the link for travel agencies, and wasn't terribly impressed because there is no real package. The price indicated is for a room for x nights and park tickets, with the race entry as an optional extra! The prices I was shown were pretty high, so if I go, I won't be doing it that way.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

arvidbux

Quote from: c3po on October 13, 2015, 06:33:31 PM
I clicked on the link for travel agencies, and wasn't terribly impressed because there is no real package. The price indicated is for a room for x nights and park tickets, with the race entry as an optional extra! The prices I was shown were pretty high, so if I go, I won't be doing it that way.

Shame... we might just book a hotel outside DLP and get the race entry through the other options.

samuelvictor

Yeah the prices aren't exactly a bargain from the selected retailers I've clicked through to... however in January 2016 you'll be able to book the race entry separately, so this is what I'll probably do. Its £52 for an adult, but includes a t-shirt, medal, bib and program, as well as drinks and snacks during and after the race, so actually that seems pretty cool. There will also be exclusive pins available, but you'll pay extra for them.

I really, really want to do this... however we are looking to go to Disney World for 3 weeks in June/July so will only be able to do it if I can get a really cheap deal on hotel etc. Fingers crossed  8)

arvidbux

Quote from: samuelvictor on October 14, 2015, 01:40:14 PM
Yeah the prices aren't exactly a bargain from the selected retailers I've clicked through to... however in January 2016 you'll be able to book the race entry separately, so this is what I'll probably do. Its £52 for an adult, but includes a t-shirt, medal, bib and program, as well as drinks and snacks during and after the race, so actually that seems pretty cool. There will also be exclusive pins available, but you'll pay extra for them.
Great stuff. 52 pounds is indeed more reasonable.

Quote from: samuelvictor on October 14, 2015, 01:40:14 PM
I really, really want to do this... however we are looking to go to Disney World for 3 weeks in June/July so will only be able to do it if I can get a really cheap deal on hotel etc. Fingers crossed  8)
Choices.. choices ;)

never2old

Probably a mistake because we've ended up paying way too much, but we've booked a package... At least it will be nice to stay onsite again, haven't been to any Disney hotel since we first bought our APs a few years ago.

My DH is doing the half marathon, and our daughter the 200m kids race. At the end we thought that maybe the 5k would be too much for her. And I'll be taking pictures...  ;)

If they do this again in the future, we might try the 5k. And we will most definitely not book a package, but wait for the race only tickets.

seraphelle

I've booked a room at Hipark (book now, pay later) for the weekend and will add flights and the race entry later on. Considering I paid £35 to enter a half marathon in the UK and just got some Lucozade and a tshirt I think the entry price is excellent, and what a place to run!  ;D

So, are any of you 'dressing up' for the race? Are you doing it for charity? I've seen photos of the WDW ones and there are some hilarious photos of groups of Tinkerbells in neon-green tutus and so on  ;)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

samuelvictor

I'm glad to hear that others are interested in this, and that people are booking it already - I'm a little jealous of you guys  ;) but obviously i think its brilliant - I know you'll have a great time!

I'm hoping that there are enough people interested in doing this that it becomes a success and a regular thing. But preferably not SO many people, that when I come to book it early next year, and I find that there are no space left... that would make me rather sad! But as I said, the priority is Disney World trip first atm, as we have been to DLRP many times, but never taken the kids to Florida, and this may be the last year we get the chance, what with exams, jobs etc.

Assuming that I can go and will get in, yes I'll definitely be doing it for charity, and will be dressing up - though only in a simple/light costume - I do not intend to sweat to death!  :P :-[