Fantasy Pass printable ticket s on blackout day?

Started by garybrett, October 09, 2015, 03:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garybrett

Hi there, we are due to travel on 25th October, arriving about 4pm which I believe is a blackout day for the annual fantasy pass. I have my printable tickets/vouchers from supertrips.net, am I able to visit the village on arrival and trade them in for the actual Disney passport so we can start the day early using fastpass on the 26th?

Its my daughters birthday so wanted her to get in early and enjoy the whole day. If not can I get there at 8am Monday to do or is it 10am when gates open?

Not really even sure where I go to do this  :-[

norhel

Quote from: garybrett on October 09, 2015, 03:23:20 PM
Hi there, we are due to travel on 25th October, arriving about 4pm which I believe is a blackout day for the annual fantasy pass. I have my printable tickets/vouchers from supertrips.net, am I able to visit the village on arrival and trade them in for the actual Disney passport so we can start the day early using fastpass on the 26th?

Its my daughters birthday so wanted her to get in early and enjoy the whole day. If not can I get there at 8am Monday to do or is it 10am when gates open?

Not really even sure where I go to do this  :-[

First of all, you do not have to have a ticket to get in to Disney Village.
For your annual pass, I believe you must visit the Bureau Passeport Annuel inside the Disneyland Park.
You can also find some useful info here:
http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

stifle

Traditionally, annual passports were valid on the day of first use/purchase even if that was a blackout day. The paragraph of the conditions permitting this was removed a year or so ago so I don't know if this is still offered as a concession.

There is no way to get a full annual passport printed in exchange for a voucher besides visiting the BPA. Bureau Donald no longer issues annual passports, as of June 2015.

garybrett

Thank you for your kind response. If I can only exchange the fantasy annual vouchers for passport at the BPA which is inside the park, how would I get into the park to do this?

Would they offer temp pass, starting to worry a little now

Thank you

stifle

I don't know how it works with third party ticket brokers as I have only ever bought direct. When my wife bought an AP online she got a printable voucher which scanned at the entrance like any other ticket, and she took it to the BPA to get her plastic card issued.

It may be that this will also work for you. Or it may be that you need to scan the voucher from "Supertrips" at the voucher exchange kiosks near the park entrance to get a park admission ticket issued, which you can then exchange at the BPA.

As already mentioned, blackout days have traditionally been ignored on the first day of validity of your AP, but I can't guarantee this is still the case.

garybrett

Quick update if it helps anyone in the future, I emailed DLP to ask this question, with answer below;

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are happy to let you know that you are welcome to visit any of our Guest Services locations on the 25th and exchange your certificates for your Annual Passes.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

We look forward to seeing you soon!  Have a magical day!

When they say 'Any of our Guest Services' I am guessing they mean the Ticket Bureau inside the park but it sounds like they have many around?

caspdex

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are happy to let you know that you are welcome to visit any of our Guest Services locations on the 25th and exchange your certificates for your Annual Passes.
Are you sure you contacted the correct place, I think you have emailed WDW?

Slimy yet satisfying

If you buy a 1 day ticket then exchange to a full fantasy pass at annual passport office then you can stay for the day in the park. If you leave the park you will not be readmitted as you have to surrender your 1 day ticket in exchange for your AP. So yes you can enter the park on a blackout day but you cannot visit the studios. The people at the next desk were doing just that when we renewed a week ago.
My advice would be if you want to go to the studios on a day ticket buy it there then later in tbe day go to the park and exchange the day pass for an annual pass.
I think tho if you have already purchased an annual pass voucher that you will not be able to exchange it until the next day.
Donalds desk is now permanently closed.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

garybrett

Just to update if it helps anyone, I went to DLP on the blackout day with paper tickets and they let us all in no problem, we then exchanged them for tyhe passport at the AP office, all good.

Hope it helps