Inventions!

Started by Ohana, October 09, 2015, 01:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Just doing my final meal and money planning earlier this evening and it seems we can afford to do Inventions, especially given that it's only around €15 more than hunter's grill. I just had a few questions about it really...

- What times can you make reservations for? I'm aware the park shuts at around 7pm but more likely 7.30 after dreams? Do they take reservations for character buffet at around this time or will we need to eat before the park closes? I don't want to miss out on any park time.

- I heard that they do those lollipops that they sell in packs of 5 around the park, is this right?

Sorry if I'm treading the same ground here with these questions I just want to make sure I make the right decision before I book :) thanks everyone!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Ohana

Note: I've just realised the dlp guide States it's until 10pm for dinner. Is this still correct?

The lollipop question still stands and is of utmost importance :D haha
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

DLPWonders (Banned)

Yes you can still have dinner at Inventions after park closure.
And they do still sell the 5-pack of Mickey shaped lollypops.
You can find them at Boardwalk Candy Palace (Main Street USA) and Thunder Mesa Mercantile (Frontierland).
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

rebecca20

The lollipops in inventions aren't the Mickey head ones but the lollipops in character wrappers (in my opinion they taste better) - they sell them in the parks though, so be sure to stock up if you do go. I worked out if you take 40 lollies you actually break even money wise. When we went they had Donald lollies first and then Mickey, Goofy, Minnie. So if you stay a while you can get all flavours ;D
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Mileto

I couldn't understand quite good this lollipop - Inventions story. Could you, please, explain it again?

Thanks!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Ohana

Ah you've confirmed that for me, thanks Rebecca, I'll be sure to stock up ;)

Mileto - I believe they serve lollipops in the Inventions buffet, and these are lollipops which can be bought in the park, so some sources advise that you stock up on them in the buffet to save buying them in the parks. A few Disneyland Haul videos I've seen on YouTube have said this, haha! Very cheeky, but hey, I'm paying extra for my meal haha!

I'm a bit crazy about lollipops recently, just bought a load of tootsie pops from the American sweet shop in town.

I also had another question, and instead of making a new topic I'll just ask here.. has anyone ever been to Café Fantasia? I am wanting to go at some point for a couple of nice drinks and a wind-down. I'm considering going in the evening so I don't use my park time, but am just wondering if you can book seats? I don't want to be faced with the disappointing situation of no tables to sit at? Thanks!
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

claire.sabiston

This isnt directly related to your question but I a newbie and wondering if we can book to eat at inventions even though we are staying at Explorers?

Mileto

Yes, you can, Clair!
Just call reservations and book in advance. They will write down your name and telephone number.

Ohana, thank you for the explanation!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

claire.sabiston

THANK YOU!!! EXCELLENT NEWS :D EXCITED!!

Ohana

I've just booked mine! 19th November at 8pm! That was a 6.5 minute call so it probably cost like £7 :/ eep! But I didn't want to risk them being fully booked I'd be so disappointed. Woohoo!
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

rebecca20

We went from Inventions to Cafe Fantasia - you can't book unfortunately but it's pretty big inside and they have like extra bits they can open up (I don't really know how to explain but you'll see what I mean). Just be mindful that cocktails do cost a bit more in Cafe Fantasia to other hotel bars - we normally just have one drink in Cafe Fantasia and then move somewhere cheaper.

As for the lollies - I took so many extra sweets too and put them in a napkin - it's ridiculous we got free premium meal vouchers and I still went mad for free sweets. I also cheekily asked to take a Dragonfruit up to my room but it was my birthday and they obviously thought I was so weird for asking they just said yes  ;)
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

stifle

My general recommendation at Inventions is to remember not to fill up on starters, then remember not to fill your plate with veg/carbs/chicken nuggets at the start of the buffet because the fun stuff like monkfish/beef medallions/duck tends to be near the end.