Wey Hey just booked, 4 nights 5 days....let the planning begin

Started by Peanut67, September 19, 2015, 03:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanut67

Wow just booked for 2 adults and 1 child.  Now to start planning.   We usually do WDW hoping I dont have to do quite has much planning.

bad-pink-tink

bouncy bouncy, I'm in the middle of planning too, I;m going in February. This will be my third visit . When are you going and is this your first time in DLP? Its very different to Florida, only 2 parks, and the village, and the parks are walk-able from the hotels. Also DLP does not have Magic Bands or Fast Pass+ , the Fast Passes are the paper ones you get from a machine beside the rides
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Peanut67

We go on the 29th March. Last time we went was in 2002.  I compared....which was wrong.  I am going this time, excited and looking forward to something different.  We have just got back from WDW.  Looking forward to a couple of hours on a plane, and not having to plan every minute,

bad-pink-tink

so lots of time to plan then. I'm a regular visitor to Disney California so I know what you mean about comparing.

Yes DLP is sooo much more relaxed than Florida.

Just make sure to keep checking the closures and refub lists. DLP is in the middle of a major refurb program, so there are alot more closures than usual

xcharlenex88

Exciting :) we have booked for beg April for 4 nights. We have been to Wdw a few (7) times in as many years! But with a toddler in tow now thought we'd try Paris! I haven't been since 1995ish and can remember very little. I plan wdw to the nth degree Inc fast pass and where we're eating. I don't know much about the dining plans... currently researching them! :)

bad-pink-tink

hey xcharlenex88
Disney try to push the dining plans ut to me they dont seem worth it. From reading other threads people have said that the HP + adult voucher is worth €34 Would you spend €34 per person on lunch and €34 per person on dinner every day of your visit?

Disney push the meal plans as its a guaranteed income for them and to deter you from eating in non Disney owned restaurants. The meal vouchers are paid in advance. After that, they dont really care if you use every one when you visit, as they already have your money.

Zee79

It all depends on where you want to eat & how much you are planning to eat. We either don't use dining plans or half board & use it for an evening meal. We fill up on breakfast & have a snack or grab counter service meals working out on average about €13 an adult. Have a look at the set menus etc & see how it compares to standard & plus meal plans, standard is usually around €27 and plus as bad pink tink said €34. We don't choose full board because we can't honestly eat that much per day plus it means taking time out from the rides.

xcharlenex88

we always have it when we go to wdw and seem to save a lot of money. However looking as dlp ones its not quite the same. We would only have counter meals anyway and none of the plans I can see include these? We're not really table service people especially with the little one! and as we're only there such a little time id other not be sat down!
Have lots of research/planning to do. could walk round wdw with my eyes closed so feels like a bit of an unknown atm!

bad-pink-tink

@ xcharlenex88
if you only want to eat at counter service, then dont bother with the meal plan.

DLP is so so easy and relaxed and has lots of little things that the American parks dont

Under the castle there is a dragon and there is a hidden walkway which brings you all the way from one of the arcades on Main Street all the way to the back of the park to Pirates / Peter Pan

xcharlenex88

Thanks bad pink tink.  I love knowing all the extra facts and info about the place! Spent days researching wdw so starting dlp too now :D are there any tip books/ secret books? Just handy hints!
I'm hoping it'll be relaxed for the 1yo! Can't wait! Will be bugging any1 that'll listen til April now!!!

xcharlenex88

Ohhh just reading about the closures... we're going 7th-15th April... is there a list as I can't find it. Hoping it's not too many of the little rides that daughter can actually go on! Last time we went to Wdw they were doing work on the castle so lots of our photos have a crane behind the castle! Oh also... anyone know how the photopass works in dlp or if there's a photopass plus to Inc rides!!??

Ethan040

http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/closures-refurbishments/

That's the ride closures

The photo pass does rides and the characters with a photo person, some characters don't have one but it's worth buying for €49.99.