Shops for Supplies

Started by TinkSassy, September 19, 2015, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkSassy

i will arrive at CDG around 14:30 on arrival day.  It is 2 hours to the next TGV but may take that as I'm waiting to buy tickets and have to clear customs.  I'm staying at the Marriot Village i il de France.  To cut down on luggage I was planning on buying items like curling iron, shampoo etc upon arrival.  Is there a place to do that within Disney Village or easily reached without a car?

bad-pink-tink

I havent been there yet but Val d'Europe is a big shopping centre about 20 mins walk from Disney Village or there are lots of different types of transport there, buses and trains. That would be your best option.

For things like toiletries I always decant my own from my big bottles into the 100ml bottles you can get everywhere.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

samuelvictor

Yes the shopping area in Val d'Europe has a Darty (similar to Currys/Dixons/Comet) which is very reasonable and will sell all the things you mentioned at a very reasonable price. There are buses and trains (just one stop) but its also easily walkable from Disney Village, takes around 20 mins.

Ohana

I found that auchan has a website you could maybe use for reference? If you use a translating tool on your browser it'll make life easier. I had a quick look to see what snacks and juice they do :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

samuelvictor

Ah yes, sorry I was distracted by the "curling iron" and missed the "shampoo"... for non-electrical goods, Auchan is the equivalent of our supermarkets, and is again very reasonable. It's in the same shopping mall/area as Darty, so if you find one you can't miss the other :D

nancyta

do take the bus, it leaves you in front of the shopping mall which has many shops to look for.
http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/shops/val-deurope-shopping-centre/