The future of Disneyland Paris

Started by Imagineering Paris, September 12, 2015, 12:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imagineering Paris

Disneyland Paris update 09/12/2015

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Disney proudly presents.....

Mainstreet USA

Mainstreet Station refurbishment will start January 2016 till summer 2016.
Starbucks in market house opening spring 2017
Small shops will get specific merchandise, larger shops more general merchandise
All shops will get some love before 25th anniversary

Discoveryland
Space mountain reopens 25 July at latest! Then again closed spring 2017 for 4 months. It will open right on time for the 25th as improved version of From Earth to the Moon. Imagineering is working on different Star Wars land versions. There is also an concept for Star Wars precedence in Adventureland. Star Wars land if build in Discoveryland will be build in the back of the land.

Frontierland
The background story of this jewel will be brought much brighter now with both The Beautiful Phantom Manor and Big Thunder receiving lots of attention in 2016-2017. Both closed for the biggest part of season 2016. Management hopes to bring the geysers back by 2017. Therefore the lake will be drowned for much of autumn 2016. And showtimeee for chaparral theater as there will be an improved version of the Frozen show in february 2016.

Fantasyland
Imagineering will implement new technologies in the dark ride's witch were developed for California. If everything goes well this will be ready by 25th. There are currently no big new attraction planed for Fantasyland.

Adventureland
Everybody knows that Tom Wolbers personal project is adding a new attraction for this land. This maybe is The Mystic Manor. Soarin belongs also to the possibility's but that ride system will be used for an avengers attraction. So that leaves us whit a guess. Construction can start as early as 2019 after most of the studios expansion is open. Pirates of the caribbean is getting a refurbishment with Jack Sparrow. This will most likely not happen before the 25th because of the funding for that celebration.

25th birthday
A 18 month celebration
New version disney dreams
New parade most likely night time
Star tours 2
Unique characters

Walt Disney Studios Park expansion roadmap

Start construction Toy Story Midway Mania
Start construction Tram Tour expansion

Closing Animagique with a new pixar show
Closing Studio Tour for update
Start construction street from Studio 1 to entrance Studio Tour
Start construction iron man experience

Reopening Tram Tour with enhanced and new show scenes and new entrance
Opening new show Studio 3
Updating of the atmosphere of Pixar Studio(current toonstudio)
Opening Toy Story Midway Mania
Closure Toontown meet and greet

Opening Hollywood Blvd with Art of animation integrated in new façades
Re-theming Aladdin's Flying Carpets to Finding nemo theme
Opening of Flo's V8 cafe en cars theming on the old Toontown spot (marks completion Pixar Studio project)
Start construction re-theming production courtyard (hollywood studio together with hollywood blvd)

Closure Rock n roller coaster for re-theme spider man
Completion Production Courtyard project
Opening Spider-man coaster
Opening Iron Man experience and marvel meet and greet
Start re-theming backlot to Marvel Studio

Permanent closure Armageddon
Re-theme stunt show to captain america stunt-show
Start Construction avengers attraction could use soarin ride system
Opening marvel shop
Start construction new theater pixar studio
Premiere new parade
Opening Fantasmic!
Official reopening Walt Disney Studios Park with 3 themed Studio's Hollywood, Pixar, Marvel

Disney Management is working hard to improve the Paris experience but is will take time. The 30th could be very special with the for the first time a new attraction as part of the celebration. Focus currently is restoring before building new. And say definitely hello to more random shows and characters in the next years.

Note: all of this is subject to change if the WDC decides to buy euro disney sca. Which most likely to happen before the end of this decade.

You can design, create and build the most wonderful place. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Stay tuned!

Sincerely.......

Source: Management level cast members

Puffin

Oh wow, that's a lot of exciting news/rumours. Don't know how credible the long term plans are, but when looking at the plans for near future, i'm really excited about the Starbucks on Main Street. Finally some decent coffee in the park. :)
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Fever

2015 seems unlikely for any TSM construction doesn't it? There hasn't really been at movement in that project at all has there?

Also had no idea Mystic Manor was being considered at DLP, but would love to see it!
Welcome foolish mortals

Ohana

That's quite exciting but I really don't like marvel and a lot of it seems to be geared towards that. Sorry but marvel isn't disney. Glad I'm going when all the oldies will still be open so I don't miss out!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

DisneyGagaChick

Fantasmic as in the Fantasmic! show at Walt Disney World & other parks?  ;D

twentythingamabobs

Ah Fantasmic was one of my favourite things about WDW,  it's an unbelievable show I would love that at DLP!!

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Imagineering Paris on September 12, 2015, 12:48:03 PM
Disneyland Paris update 09/12/2015

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Disney proudly presents.....

Mainstreet USA

Mainstreet Station refurbishment will start January 2016 till summer 2016.
Starbucks in market house opening spring 2017
Small shops will get specific merchandise, larger shops more general merchandise
All shops will get some love before 25th anniversary

Discoveryland
Space mountain reopens 25 July at latest! Then again closed spring 2017 for 4 months. It will open right on time for the 25th as improved version of From Earth to the Moon. Imagineering is working on different Star Wars land versions. There is also an concept for Star Wars precedence in Adventureland. Star Wars land if build in Discoveryland will be build in the back of the land.

Frontierland
The background story of this jewel will be brought much brighter now with both The Beautiful Phantom Manor and Big Thunder receiving lots of attention in 2016-2017. Both closed for the biggest part of season 2016. Management hopes to bring the geysers back by 2017. Therefore the lake will be drowned for much of autumn 2016. And showtimeee for chaparral theater as there will be an improved version of the Frozen show in february 2016.

Fantasyland
Imagineering will implement new technologies in the dark ride's witch were developed for California. If everything goes well this will be ready by 25th. There are currently no big new attraction planed for Fantasyland.

Adventureland
Everybody knows that Tom Wolbers personal project is adding a new attraction for this land. This maybe is The Mystic Manor. Soarin belongs also to the possibility's but that ride system will be used for an avengers attraction. So that leaves us whit a guess. Construction can start as early as 2019 after most of the studios expansion is open. Pirates of the caribbean is getting a refurbishment with Jack Sparrow. This will most likely not happen before the 25th because of the funding for that celebration.

25th birthday
A 18 month celebration
New version disney dreams
New parade most likely night time
Star tours 2
Unique characters

Walt Disney Studios Park expansion roadmap

Start construction Toy Story Midway Mania
Start construction Tram Tour expansion

Closing Animagique with a new pixar show
Closing Studio Tour for update
Start construction street from Studio 1 to entrance Studio Tour
Start construction iron man experience

Reopening Tram Tour with enhanced and new show scenes and new entrance
Opening new show Studio 3
Updating of the atmosphere of Pixar Studio(current toonstudio)
Opening Toy Story Midway Mania
Closure Toontown meet and greet

Opening Hollywood Blvd with Art of animation integrated in new façades
Re-theming Aladdin's Flying Carpets to Finding nemo theme
Opening of Flo's V8 cafe en cars theming on the old Toontown spot (marks completion Pixar Studio project)
Start construction re-theming production courtyard (hollywood studio together with hollywood blvd)

Closure Rock n roller coaster for re-theme spider man
Completion Production Courtyard project
Opening Spider-man coaster
Opening Iron Man experience and marvel meet and greet
Start re-theming backlot to Marvel Studio

Permanent closure Armageddon
Re-theme stunt show to captain america stunt-show
Start Construction avengers attraction could use soarin ride system
Opening marvel shop
Start construction new theater pixar studio
Premiere new parade
Opening Fantasmic!
Official reopening Walt Disney Studios Park with 3 themed Studio's Hollywood, Pixar, Marvel

Disney Management is working hard to improve the Paris experience but is will take time. The 30th could be very special with the for the first time a new attraction as part of the celebration. Focus currently is restoring before building new. And say definitely hello to more random shows and characters in the next years.

Note: all of this is subject to change if the WDC decides to buy euro disney sca. Which most likely to happen before the end of this decade.

You can design, create and build the most wonderful place. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Stay tuned!

Sincerely.......

Source: Management level cast members

OK some of this is just unrealistic. Firstly where are DLP getting all this money from, it seems like a heck of a lot?

What you listed for Main St and Fantasyland seems realistic, I agree with you on Frontierland too except for Phantom Manor. There is no WAY they will allow Phantom Manor to be closed at the same time as BTM. I could see them closing Phantom Manor from Jan-April 2017 and reopening in time for the 25th at most. But not much more than that. Space Mountain I can't see being rethemed either in such a short amount of time...

The 25th stuff seems good. Magic On Parade is capable of running until the 30th alongside a nighttime parade, I think Paint the Night may be likely here as it saves money since they don't have to develop a new parade. As for dreams I can see one or two new scenes but not an entirely new dreams..

The WDS stuff is where I start to have real issues though. Midway Mania in 2015? I've seen no signs of that so far and I just really can't see it happening in the remaining 3 months of this year. Iron Man experience? 100 million dollars. I thought Disney said they were done replicating attractions between parks. Not to mention they would be starting construction around the 25th, do they really have the cash for that?

Are they going to complete the Pixar retheme of Toon Studio in the first 4 months of 2017? Because there is no way they'll have construction there during the 25th. And on another note why would they close the Toontown spot before the 25th. Unless the characters will just stop coming. Then I understand what you mean. But they can't fence off that area during the 25th...

As for all the stuff post 25th are they expecting a ridiculous investment or just a ridiculous 25th anniversary profit? There is a LOT of stuff here just in the Studios and whilst it all sounds great DLP still has debt to pay. So unless Disney give 1 billion to the Studios like they did with DCA I just can't see that happening.

Perhaps the biggest thing though, Fantasmic in the studios? Where are they going to put that? Don't they need a lake? I can't recall a lake anywhere in the Studios. I can't even see where they are building one according to your list here. I could MAYBE see it in the Rivers of the Far west but you've listed it in the Studios section...

Imagineering Paris

Fantasmic! will indeed be located in the right corner of the park wit its own exit.

DLRP Roundup!

Interesting stuff.

Do you have any comment on a rumoured Frozen fireworks show?
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Imagineering Paris

Quote from: Trekkie101 on September 13, 2015, 11:38:56 AM
Interesting stuff.

Do you have any comment on a rumoured Frozen fireworks show?

This is something the want to have for the X-Mas season in the Studios. They would copy this from Disney Hollywood Studios show which was there last summer. Hope that you have the anser that you wanted.

mrpiggywinkles52

InsideDLP on twitter has said Toy Story Midway Mania is no longer scheduled, do you have any comments on that?

Imagineering Paris

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Imagineering Paris on September 13, 2015, 09:29:58 PM
It won't be canceled

Oh my gosh, so now you're here messing with people's minds just trolling around?
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

RockNRoller

I suspect this is just a wind up wish list as the cost for all this and the time scales have got to be prohibitive. That said if it all happens I will happily eat my Mickey Mouse Ears.

Have to say thought "Mystic Manor" would fill the space in Adventure Land nicely.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Disneylove

What a load of rubbish.

The fact the OP expects us to believe that a member of Disneyland is just going to post on a random forum on the intenet, out of all the disneyland forums. Why hasn't disney released an official statement? Surely they'll want the excitement for all of those plans.

Such a shame you've taken all of that time out of your life to post such a huge comment.