Breakfast Hotel New York

Started by Pugritz, September 07, 2015, 09:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pugritz

Hi everyone, I was wondering what type of breakfast you get with your stay at Hotel New York, is it a cooked breakfast? Thanks so much for your help :)

andrewuk

You get a continental, but you can go down at any time rather than the allocated time slots for some of the other hotels. Not sure if you can pay for a cooked breakfast as an extra if you really want it.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

MattR

There we're time slots when I stayed there in 2012.

stifle

Quote from: andrewuk on September 07, 2015, 09:28:07 PM
You get a continental, but you can go down at any time rather than the allocated time slots for some of the other hotels. Not sure if you can pay for a cooked breakfast as an extra if you really want it.

Has that changed recently? When I went there in October last year, there were sausages, bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

dejmurph1

Just back from a stay today. They now have timeslots like the other hotels, which was not the case when we Iast visited. They have a full continental breakfast plus scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, sausages and bacon. Enjoy!!

stifle

And the time cards are only enforced if it's busy.

Pugritz

Brilliant thanks for the helpful replies!

RockNRoller

We always stay at the New York and can confirm that its a good continental selection with the added bonus of some cooked elements. Sausages, potatoes, mushrooms, bacon and scrambled eggs were all available the last time we went. Also have to say the drinks selection is good too, both hot and cold. The only thing that has ever put me off was when I discovered the sausages are actually veal, that said after a few minutes thought I decided to carry on eating  ;D.
They do use the time cards now but we've noticed if the restaurant isn't busy they don't really mind.
Final comment, try and eat in both restaurants as they are so different it's well worth it.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Pugritz

Quote from: RockNRoller on September 09, 2015, 12:30:12 PM
Final comment, try and eat in both restaurants as they are so different it's well worth it.

Great, thanks so much for the info! Do you mean have breakfast in both restaurants or have a meal (like dinner) at them? If so, what are they like for lunch or dinner? I am considering the Manhattan Restaurant for dinner one night.

RockNRoller

Quote from: Pugritz on September 09, 2015, 01:12:40 PM
Do you mean have breakfast in both restaurants or have a meal (like dinner) at them? If so, what are they like for lunch or dinner? I am considering the Manhattan Restaurant for dinner one night.
Yes I meant breakfast in each restaurant, although if there is a queue the cats members tend to direct you to one or the other and don't offer the choice. Sorry I can't help you with evening meals, my wife has a nut allergy so sticks to fairly basic food stuff when we're at Disney. Personally I think it's just an excuse to eat chips  ;), not that I object to that.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Pugritz

Ah ok thanks, well that's good to know for sure and chips are always a good idea ;)

never2old

Breakfast is excellent, when we stay there we always try to go down early and take the time to enjoy it...

Don't miss the orange juice, unless they've changed since our last visit (which I confess dates a couple of years now) it was delicious!!

tigger1974

I stayed at the New York in November last year and the breakfast was excellent.  Can certainly recommend the pancakes and syrup - absolutely delicious.  As for my morning drink,  heartily recommend the hot chocolate - really creamy.
Enjoy.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)