Are under 3's allowed on the rides?

Started by rbell1981, September 02, 2015, 12:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbell1981

Probably sounds like a stupid question but we travel next week with 2 kids, one is 6 months old, the other is 2.  She's 3 in mid September, so basically shes as good as a three year old now.  With under 3's being free into the parks we're obviously not buying her a ticket.  Will she still be able to use the rides even though she gets free entry?

NCC1701Q

Hi rbell1981,

access to the rides is determined by length, not age. For instance the minimum length for Big Thunder Mountain is 1m02cm (also for Star Tours).
As for the not-buying-a-ticket: when we visited with our 2 years and 11 months-old son, we were on 3 of the 5 days asked to prove he wasn't 3 yet (by showing his passport).

lovindisney87

She will be able to go on all the rides that don't have height restrictions such as peter pan, snow white, buzz lightyear, small world etc. Best bet is to check her height and then you can see which ones she wont be able to do. My middle daughter was only just 2 when we first went and we took her on pirates of the Caribbean and all the small rides. Hope you all have an amazing time 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

rbell1981

Thanks for the responses, ill make to sure bring her passport to prove her age.  She loves the fun fair and the rides so I was a little concerned that she wasn't going to be allowed on to anything because she got free entry.

When it comes to dining we'll just buy her a kids meal.  I could imagine her face if we said she was under 3 and was handed a pot of baby food  ;D ;D

disneymagic006

We went in April when my son was 17months. He could go on all of the following with no problems: small world, carousel lancelot, Alice maze, teacups, Peter pan, pinocchio, snow white, pirates of the Caribbean, tree house, adventure isle, buzz lightyear, orbitron, molly brown riverboat, phantom manor. Lots and lots they can do. We did keep getting asked his age as under 1s can't ride most rides.

In the studios there were all the shows, slinky dog, studio tram tour, cars (though had to sit in own belt and it was a bit wild), carpets of agrabah and ratatouille  (but we didn't manage to get on this due to massive queues).

You'll all have a great time!
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

rbell1981

Quote from: disneymagic006 on September 02, 2015, 02:12:26 PM
We went in April when my son was 17months. He could go on all of the following with no problems: small world, carousel lancelot, Alice maze, teacups, Peter pan, pinocchio, snow white, pirates of the Caribbean, tree house, adventure isle, buzz lightyear, orbitron, molly brown riverboat, phantom manor. Lots and lots they can do. We did keep getting asked his age as under 1s can't ride most rides.

In the studios there were all the shows, slinky dog, studio tram tour, cars (though had to sit in own belt and it was a bit wild), carpets of agrabah and ratatouille  (but we didn't manage to get on this due to massive queues).

You'll all have a great time!

Wow, thanks for that.  Plenty for her to be getting on with then :)

polar vixen

If you eat at buffets your little ones won't be charged but can eat as much as they want