Disappointed!

Started by upinthesky, August 26, 2015, 11:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HildeKitten

Quote from: arvidbux on August 26, 2015, 10:10:53 PM
Besides you go to DLP for the rides, I also go for all the other entertainment. Having that said, my wife and I were dissapointed in the amount of street entertainment they offered in 2013 and we have hopes (and we see more things scheduled now) that it will be better.

With the APs we had for DLR we managed to go about 6 times in a year. And most of the time we stayed 3 to 4 days and only went on 1 or 2 rides a day. For the rest we enjoyed all the other things the park has to offer.

Well that's the beauty of any Disney park isn't it, people can go for different things. Of course, if DLP didn't want people to come for the rides, they wouldn't have quite so many of them so it's understandable that people (I'm by far not the only one) decide to give 2016 a miss as too many are closed.
Its a good thing that there are plenty of people that go for characters, atmosphere and entertainment, else the turn-out next year could be quite poor really.
That said, I still think they should offer some form of compensation to make up for the closures for those that do go next year.

Disneylove

If you think about it, they already have the money for the refurbishments, but the rides cost a hell of a lot of money to run per day, so they're probably going to make a slightly bigger profit having them closed. Extra characters would be the easiest and most cost effective thing to do in my opinion.

I might send them an email.

twentythingamabobs

We were going to give DLP a miss next year and just get our Disney fix in Anaheim but extra characters wandering the parks would definitely tempt us to visit once or twice!

arvidbux

Quote from: HildeKitten on August 26, 2015, 10:47:23 PM
That said, I still think they should offer some form of compensation to make up for the closures for those that do go next year.

It would be great if they would offer some form of compensation but I would also say it should be with enterainment in the park. But of course with any form of compensation, people will ask for more, want it all the time etc, especially when you advertise it somewhere.

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on August 26, 2015, 11:09:24 PM
We were going to give DLP a miss next year and just get our Disney fix in Anaheim but extra characters wandering the parks would definitely tempt us to visit once or twice!

I love that in Anaheim. No matter where you are in the park, or what hour; characters! Or live entertainment. I hope they improve that a bit in Paris since our last visit in 2013 but I'm not holding my breath.

Discovery_Mountain

I know you shouldn't really take rumours as gospel truth but Disneyland Railroad and It's a Small World has been rumoured to be closed from September since the beginning of the year. (Disneyland Railroad has to close with Small work due to it passing right through it)

ED92 put out a refurbishment schedule for 2015-2017 and so far everything seems to have been correct.

(Sorry I can't find the larger image)
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

TappyFish

Quote from: Disneylove on August 26, 2015, 07:26:19 PM
We're going 2016 and there's going to be 5 closures, 3 of which we really wanted to see and I find it incredibly annoying. I think what's more annoying is that because Disney are advertising it, they think that's acceptable. I personally think they shouldnt be rushing it for the best interest of their guests, and close one attraction at a time. But since it's the 25th anniversary coming up they're going to want to have it spotless as there's always higher admission rates on anniversaries throughout that year. It's just coming across as being pretty greedy and focusing so much on producing more revenue. I've kind of always thought that the Disney Paris have always been like that, but I think it's because they've been in so much debt. But I can't help but think if they focused on customers wants, the revenue would increase anyway.

I also think that because they think it's okay to advertise it early and then everyone has to be okay with it is the most frustrating part. The ticket prices are still the same, and they aren't any plans to compensate visitors at all. They could give out free vouchers for maybe a hot drink and a snack, increase the amount of meet and greets (as I've found paris to be the worst for meeting characters), slightly reduce the admission costs for these periods, give out a special pin to visitors during these times, a discount voucher for meals/store, an extra short parade during the day. Any of these things would at least feel like they're considering the customers and that its obviously going to affect their experience, it even could stop visitors from returning. It doesn't have to be something huge and expensive but just SOMETHING as a gesture of good will for the inconveniences would definitely makes things better and make them appear more considerate.

I agree also. We're booked to go in November and knew that some attractions would be closed (especially with the refurb coming up). What I didn't expect was to find BTM and IASW closed at the same time. I really love BTM (who doesn't) but am not too fussed about IASW. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and all, but I won't miss not going on it (personal preference). Our issue is that these two rides can hold a large number of guests at one time, either queuing or on the ride itself. With both closed, I imagine that a lot more people will be going on other rides and generally filling up the park. We're worried that we'll be queueing that much longer and finding the crowds that much bigger.

Quote from: Discovery_Mountain on August 26, 2015, 11:17:20 PM
I know you shouldn't really take rumours as gospel truth but Disneyland Railroad and It's a Small World has been rumoured to be closed from September since the beginning of the year. (Disneyland Railroad has to close with Small work due to it passing right through it)

ED92 put out a refurbishment schedule for 2015-2017 and so far everything seems to have been correct.

(Sorry I can't find the larger image)

I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but is the Disneyland Railroad going to be closed in November? I've been looking over the forum and other websites and only found a mention of a rumour that it would be closed. If it is true that the DLRR is also closed, add that with the ever-growing list of attractions that are closed, I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth going to DLP at all. Mind you, it's too late to cancel now and the trip is paid for but my point is I feel a bit gutted. We paid the same price we would if everything was running as normal, but to have so much closed and no "incentive" or "freebie" (something along the lines of what Disneylove mentioned in their post), I can't help but feel the guests aren't as important to DLP as they used to be.

Or am I just being silly? I mean we love Disney. I'm lucky to have been to DLP many, many times as a child and even got to go to WDW a few times. My fiancée however has only been to DLP twice, and neither time she felt she got the true "Disney Magic" feeling. This is our first Disney trip together and with so much having gone wrong with the trip before it's even started, and now the sheer amount of refurbs, I'm hoping that it isn't a flop. A very expensive flop at that!

:'(

Mileto

Quote from: TappyFish on August 27, 2015, 03:24:59 AM

I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but is the Disneyland Railroad going to be closed in November? I've been looking over the forum and other websites and only found a mention of a rumour that it would be closed. If it is true that the DLRR is also closed, add that with the ever-growing list of attractions that are closed, I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth going to DLP at all. Mind you, it's too late to cancel now and the trip is paid for but my point is I feel a bit gutted. We paid the same price we would if everything was running as normal, but to have so much closed and no "incentive" or "freebie" (something along the lines of what Disneylove mentioned in their post), I can't help but feel the guests aren't as important to DLP as they used to be.

Yes, unfortunately! There were rumors here and on other places about it, but Disney officially put it in the schedule of closures some days ago, which I find a little bit strange, mild to say.

Closure starts on 31.08.2015 - Monday. And it's closed at least till 25.11.2015 (that is the last day officially released by today).

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

RockNRoller

I can understand the disappointment being expressed here. In many ways I feel the same and I agree with those saying maybe Disney could put out extra characters or entertainment to make up for it. However last night as I looked at the list of closures, feeling depressed, I worked out what would actually be closed on the specific days I'm there and actually it's not so bad. According to every refurbishment schedule I could find only IASW, BTM, River boats and Disney Rail Rd are closed during my stay. That's not as bad as I thought with the added bonus that as I cant ride IASW I wont be humming that tune all day long. Oh no here it comes again  ;D
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Mileto

HAHAHA, RockNRoller, you made me laught till I fall from the chair!

See - it's even in my signature.

When are your days for visiting?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

RockNRoller

Quote from: Mileto on August 27, 2015, 10:32:15 AM
When are your days for visiting?
End of November, the perfect time to enjoy Christmas without the big crowds

Mileto

Yeh! We are there too. We could meet and sing together.  ;D

RockNRoller

Quote from: Mileto on August 27, 2015, 10:36:03 AM
We could meet and sing together.  ;D

Now there's a thought, stand outside IASW, start singing and see how many people join in. ;D

Mileto

HAHAHA! Will do this definetly, I'm crazy enough.

So if you see somebody singing end of Nov. - it would be me. The shy person next to me - RockNRoller.  ;D

HildeKitten

When I booked my trip over 6 months ago, only the closure of Small World was announced, which was fine, because I don't like Small World (sorry to the fans, to each their own!).
And now the Railroad, all the sad, because I looked forward to riding that. But hey, I'll just ride it next time; Still a bummer though!

RockNRoller

Quote from: Mileto on August 27, 2015, 02:41:06 PM
The shy person next to me - RockNRoller.  ;D

Shy! shy! embarrassed maybe  :-[. I'll have you know I once stood on my head in the middle of Main Street  ;)