Who Pulled the Sword from the Stone?

Started by Sulley's Arms, September 03, 2015, 11:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sulley's Arms

So we walked through the Castle this morning expecting to take the latest pic of the kids trying to pull the sword from the stone, in an attempt to become the next King of England, and found the sword has finally been removed.

We've been away for a couple of weeks so haven't kept up with the news, and would love to know who it was, and therefore who our new King might be!

Anyone able to help?
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

mrpiggywinkles52

As I recall a few weeks back someone took the sword out by accident. He just pulled it out, must have been loose or something. Thankfully he reported it to a CM and recently the area around the sword has been repainted. As for the actual sword I have no idea of the whereabouts.

littlebitofpixiedust

I don't believe it!

All the years I've been and it's been there and finally someone's pulled it out I think it's quite something  :)

I wonder when the sword shall return!? I shall look on my upcoming trip too see if it's been returned?!

A&S&O

It was missing beginning to mid August too.

I've always wondered how it was held in, and how it was released during the show.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

msRavenswood

That guest must have put quite an amount of strength, combine that with the sword being a little loose and voilà!

By the way, I've read somewhere that there used to be a kind of show with kids involved where they would try to pull the sword and the CM would randomly choose a kid and push a button on a remote control which would release the sword. That means the sword wasn't permanently fixed in the stone.

Mrsya

It was missing late May when we went. My son was gutted someone else got to be king!!

never2old

Quote from: msRavenswood on September 04, 2015, 09:08:12 AM

By the way, I've read somewhere that there used to be a kind of show with kids involved where they would try to pull the sword and the CM would randomly choose a kid and push a button on a remote control which would release the sword. That means the sword wasn't permanently fixed in the stone.

I thought that was in the US parks, not Paris?

Mileto

As I read on internet, there was such a ceremony, where a child was picked up by Merlin to pull the sword. But this was years, years ago.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DisneyRon

Quote from: never2old on September 04, 2015, 02:05:49 PM
Quote from: msRavenswood on September 04, 2015, 09:08:12 AM

I thought that was in the US parks, not Paris?

To be fair, as far as I'm aware, it does not come out entirely. But you are able to lift it up (just not out) if it is released. And I believe it's indeed a CM that controls the release of the sword.

Probably just another item on the "to be refurbished" list, there's probably a fair amount of wear on the metal of the sword.

MissyM

The sword was missing when we visited in July. We nipped to the shop next door, bought a plastic one for €5 and posed for some great photos on top of the stone!!!   ;D

grovesie

The sword was there during our visit early July ;D ;D

HildeKitten

I kinda hope it'll be be back when I visit, it's always good for some funny photos :)