Has anyone here done the Disneyland Paris Tour

Started by MissyM, August 22, 2015, 11:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissyM

I've seen it on the website and thought we might give it a go when we are back in the spring. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of it. Any good? How booked up does it get? Any advice appreciated  :)

Michele

DisneyRon

I did the tour last September, and while I imagine that your guide can make all the difference, the tour itself is a lot of fun. Depending on when you go, it may be fully booked. But when I went, there were only 3 of us.

MissyM

Thanks for that Ron. We are going the Tuesday after Easter Monday next year. I'm expecting the park to be quite busy, but as far as I can work out I don't think any French schools will be on holiday that week so I'm not sure. And I'm guessing this sort of tour wouldn't really appeal to families with young children that much anyway??

DisneyRon

Quote from: MissyM on August 22, 2015, 02:27:26 PM
Thanks for that Ron. We are going the Tuesday after Easter Monday next year. I'm expecting the park to be quite busy, but as far as I can work out I don't think any French schools will be on holiday that week so I'm not sure. And I'm guessing this sort of tour wouldn't really appeal to families with young children that much anyway??

You're basically walking around the park for ~3 hours or so with a guide looking at cool little easter eggs and lots of background information about the park itself and Walt Disney. ;D

Young kids probably can't handle wandering around all those rides and not going on any of them for several hours. :)

However, to be make sure you have a spot, I would visit City Hall the first chance you get and reserve yourself a spot you want. :D

chicks99

This sounds great, is there a cost to this? How do you book?

Thanks

DisneyRon

Quote from: chicks99 on August 22, 2015, 05:38:21 PM

Thanks

Booking is done through the Guest Services office of the relevant park or by calling +33 1 64 74 21 26.
So Town Hall for Disneyland Parc and I think the studios one is called Studio Services. :)
Cost is €25 per adult, €15 per child participating, and the groups tend to be kept fairly small (max. 10 guests).

According to the DLP site the DLP tour is over 2 hours and the WDSP tour is over 90 minutes.

One important thing to note, tours are not done frequently. Only 2 rounds per day for DLP (at 13:00 & 14:00) and 1 round per day for WDSP (at 15:00).

MissyM

Thanks for the extra info Ron. I really do like the sound of this. Think it's the sort of think my daughter and I would love!

DisneyRon

Quote from: MissyM on August 22, 2015, 06:25:50 PM
Thanks for the extra info Ron. I really do like the sound of this. Think it's the sort of think my daughter and I would love!

I thoroughly enjoyed myself on the tour, there's a lot to see in the parks that's not immediately obvious (like the Roc egg in Adventureland). Though if you're a big park fan you may know more than you think, but there was plenty I certainly didn't know. ;D

Unfortunately I missed out on my tour of the Studios, as I managed to send myself to hospital a few hours before I was due to go on it, and I couldn't reschedule for a later day. ;) I'll probably do that one on a future visit.

MissyM

This will only be our second visit to the park, so I'm sure there will be lots for us to learn. I just love all the details and little hidden extras so it will be fascinating for us. We loved that when we were there last month, we noticed above one of the shops in Main Street (don't ask me exactly where!) the upper floor window said it was a dance studio, and you could hear the tap dancing. It was great!

chicks99

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 22, 2015, 05:58:20 PM
Quote from: chicks99 on August 22, 2015, 05:38:21 PM

Thanks

Booking is done through the Guest Services office of the relevant park or by calling +33 1 64 74 21 26.
So Town Hall for Disneyland Parc and I think the studios one is called Studio Services. :)
Cost is €25 per adult, €15 per child participating, and the groups tend to be kept fairly small (max. 10 guests).

According to the DLP site the DLP tour is over 2 hours and the WDSP tour is over 90 minutes.

One important thing to note, tours are not done frequently. Only 2 rounds per day for DLP (at 13:00 & 14:00) and 1 round per day for WDSP (at 15:00).

Ooo thank you for that information. I think im going to look into booking this  ;D

A&S&O

The focus of the tour will depend on who is leading it. If you are interested in a particular area, let them know beforehand.
Our guide spent too much time showing us Main Street, we'd much rather have spent more time in other lands.

We've heard of people being taken behind the scenes of some rides, but we didn't get this.

You get a pin at the end of the tour.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

MissyM

Quote from: A&S&O on August 23, 2015, 12:48:13 PM
The focus of the tour will depend on who is leading it. If you are interested in a particular area, let them know beforehand.
Our guide spent too much time showing us Main Street, we'd much rather have spent more time in other lands.

We've heard of people being taken behind the scenes of some rides, but we didn't get this.

You get a pin at the end of the tour.

Thanks for the tip! I guess it would also depend on how many others are on the tour with you. As it will only be our second visit to DLP I don't really mind what areas it focuses on to be honest, because there will be so much for us to learn. Really like the sound of behind the scenes of rides but won't get our hopes up!

Also just told daughter about the pin at the end and she's even more excited now!!!!

DisneyRon

Our group spent a fair bit of time on Main Street, but also in Adventureland and Discoveryland. :)
At the end we went behind the scenes at Star Tours, which was quite interesting, if a little short. ;)

And indeed you get a DLP pin at the end. ;D

MissyM

Thanks again Ron. It certainly does sound right up our "Street"  ;)

And I forgot to say in my last post to you I hope the hospital visit wasn't anything too serious and you got to enjoy the rest of your holiday

DisneyRon

Quote from: MissyM on August 23, 2015, 02:56:15 PM
Thanks again Ron. It certainly does sound right up our "Street"  ;)

And I forgot to say in my last post to you I hope the hospital visit wasn't anything too serious and you got to enjoy the rest of your holiday

I bumped my head on one of the steel rimmed bus stop signs of the Main Street Vehicles and tore a small gash in my head. Needed 3 stitches, nothing too serious, just inconvenient. ;)
Didn't disrupt too much, but lost half a day in the parks due to the long wait time at the hospital (brought to Hospital by Disney staff at 12:55 or so, back at the park at 17:40).