Trying to finalise eating places...

Started by daddyof2, August 23, 2015, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

OK, I posted a while back about where we should eat and now we're about 2 months out from our October trip we'll soon be able to book ahead. Further negotiations with the boss means we're pencilling in:

Day 1 - Dinner: Hunters Grill (we're staying at the Sequoia Lodge)
Day 2 - Lunch: Auberge De Cendrillon, Dinner: Cowboy cookout BBQ
Day 3 - Lunch: Café Des Cascadeurs (if open), Dinner: Bistro Chez Remy
Day 4 - Lunch: Café Mickey, Dinner: Fuente Del Oro
Day 5 - Lunch: Blue Lagoon

There's reasons behind the choices. Firstly, we're on the Plus Meal Plan; secondly, our 2 children wont need 2 big meals a day; thirdly, I wanted to try and eat in places we've not experienced before - only Café Mickey is a repeat from last year. The counter service venues are obviously changeable. The kids are 5 and 3 so I'm not 100% sure about Chez Remy.
Thoughts/opinions welcome

michaelj1973

When you come back please tell how the restaurants where as I'm thinking of visiting some of the places myself.

polar vixen

My kids (10,6,4&2) all very fussy eaters loved chez Remy, the staff were really fun with them and very accommodating. There if a link somewhere on here (I need it to) where you can check restaurant opening times, not so much a problem for table service restaurants but can be for counter services, if trouble check the closing times for them.

stifle

Café des Cascadeurs is normally weekends only outside of peak times, if that helps you plan.

Bistrot Chez Rémy seems to be a love it or hate it type of place. I'm firmly in the "love it" category!

daddyof2

We just missed the opening of Chez Remy and Ratatouille last June so would like to give it a shot. We'd probably go to Walt's if we didn't have the kids, as we loved it back in 2002 when we first visited. There's not many options for a smaller bite in the Studios, which we've pencilled in for most of day 3. Blockbuster Café is boring and Restaurant en coulisse is the same menu as Cowboy Cookout. Where does everyone else eat?

Disney Matt

Counter service wise I like Pizzeria Bella Notte, slow service but I enjoyed the pizza and my friend liked the lasagne :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

daddyof2

Mathierson, we may go there after further thought. It's the same food as Colonel Hathi's - which we liked - so might swap that for Cowboy Cookout

stifle

Quote from: daddyof2 on August 24, 2015, 06:27:48 PM
We just missed the opening of Chez Remy and Ratatouille last June so would like to give it a shot. We'd probably go to Walt's if we didn't have the kids, as we loved it back in 2002 when we first visited. There's not many options for a smaller bite in the Studios, which we've pencilled in for most of day 3. Blockbuster Café is boring and Restaurant en coulisse is the same menu as Cowboy Cookout. Where does everyone else eat?

Well you've eliminated everything in the studios by that unless you count the drinks carts or Hollywood & Lime (if it's open) as the remaining three locations which are Café des Cascadeurs, Restaurant des Stars and Bistrot Chez Rémy are not "smaller bites". I guess you could pop out to the village and go to Earl of Sandwich or something?