Inventions Food

Started by Disney Matt, July 17, 2015, 01:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Hello everyone :)

Was wondering what kind of food Inventions does, I heard its sea food but not a huge fan of sea food. So please tell me I heard wrong!

Thanks in advance :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Mileto

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

stifle

Pretty much everything.

When I went around a month ago, there were all kinds of salads and terrine, sliced meats, soup, and various shellfish for starter, mains included beef, chicken, duck, veal, salmon, and bass as well as vegetable lasagne, and a whole pile of amazing desserts too. Whoever told you it's seafood was misleading you – the shellfish, prawns, and similar occupied around 20% of the buffet on my visit, but that was all.

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for :)

Disney Matt

Thank you so much for your replies.
I went on TripAdvisor & food looked good, definitely think I'll be going on my next visit  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Mileto

I am thinking of going for one dinner at Inventions during our winter trip -  because of the atmosphere and the characters.

But regarding food - is it actually not like the one served in Plaza Gardens? It looks like this. What do you think? I can't see many differencies.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

polar vixen

When we went it was so much more than plaza gardens, moor choice, posher and more varied deserts, and rather than dry meats, everything just about was in different sauces, we found it very different, foot the price we're happy with plaza gardens buy it was nice having characters

abismummy

Oh we loved the food at Inventions. So much variety and of a better quality than the cheaper buffets. Will definitely be going there again at least twice next trip.

Mileto

Thank you for the replies. We'll definitely do it, I plan it to be a surprise for the daughter's nameday.

stifle

When taking your mains, if it's quiet start from the right-hand end of the buffet and if it's busy don't load much onto your plate from the left hand end. The most expensive/high quality stuff tends to be on the right ;)

Mileto

Thank you, Stifle! You are amazing, as always!
Do you plan a visit this winter, do you have a day in mind?
Our visit will be maybe on 30.11 after park closure and after Dreams.

stifle

I'm visiting the park from 29/11 to 2/12, currently don't have restaurants planned yet. I will be with my wife's family (total party size 8 adults 4 kids). They are not yet converted to fine dining, or in the alternative are too cheap, or in the alternative don't want to spend loads on kids' meals that might not be eaten. Me and the Mrs. may do one night in Inventions but currently Walt's is more likely for lunch one day.

twentythingamabobs

Yum I loooove Inventions food!!  Left for starter, right for main, furthest right for pudding  ;D we will be going for Sunday brunch on 20th December sooo long to wait!