Too many closures at the same time

Started by BaileySadie, August 16, 2015, 12:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaileySadie

I'm really upset to see that there are some major attractions closed in February when I am going. It doesn't seem right that we book it and then find out that BTM, Peter Pan, Animagique are all closed. To top it off, we are staying at the Cheyenne, and that's being refurbished while we are there too!  It's a good job we adore Disney

stifle

It is a consequence of choosing to book during less busy periods that not everything will be in operation, and that is already factored into the lower cost at those times.

Northrop2015

Just a quick question regarding the cheyenne closer, we are going in march and have not seen any dates released? 

Where did you read this baileysadie?

Cheers

Northrop2015
Disneyland Paris trips:

Santa Fe - 2005

Walt Disney World:

All Star Movies - 2007
Coronado Springs - 2009

Planned trips

Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne March 2016

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: BaileySadie on August 16, 2015, 12:41:17 AM
I'm really upset to see that there are some major attractions closed in February when I am going. It doesn't seem right that we book it and then find out that BTM, Peter Pan, Animagique are all closed. To top it off, we are staying at the Cheyenne, and that's being refurbished while we are there too!  It's a good job we adore Disney

Did you not do any research BEFORE you booked? A simple Google search BEFORE you book will bring up the details of the closures and the hotel refurbs. It is up to you to plan and research your trip and to be aware of what is going on in the park. It is not Disney's fault that you booked during a time when they are doing well publicised closures and refurbs! It is your fault for booking during the off peak season without checking to see what would be closed.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

BaileySadie

I didn't ask for your sarcasm, bad-pink-tink, and am quite shocked by your response to be honest.
I've been to Disneyland Paris 9 times and Disney World 4 and know what I'm doing.
We booked a few months ago when the planned closures had not been announced, I am an intelligent woman and will not be spoken to like that.
Will not be on this forum anymore if this is the kind of 'chat' that I can expect.

To the person who asked about the Cheyenne, I saw it on someone else's post. Refurbs are planned block by block so should affect out stay too much. Have a great time on your hols!

msRavenswood

When did you book your holiday if you don't mind me asking? The Enhancement Plan has been available for quite sometime now, perhaps you missed it?

stifle

Quote from: Northrop2015 on August 16, 2015, 10:11:18 AM
Just a quick question regarding the cheyenne closer, we are going in march and have not seen any dates released? 

Where did you read this baileysadie?

Cheers

Northrop2015

The Cheyenne is slated to be refurbished a couple of buildings at a time. It will not close completely AFAIK.

Northrop2015

Disneyland Paris trips:

Santa Fe - 2005

Walt Disney World:

All Star Movies - 2007
Coronado Springs - 2009

Planned trips

Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne March 2016

Zee79

Maybe i'm being stupid but I can't seem to find the refurb for the Cheyenne. I booked beginning of July for next July and asked about it due to catching bits here and there on this forum but the lady I spoke to had no idea about it. If it is block by block then doesn't really bother me because it is not the first time I have been (sorry for those whos first time it will be) so ive got plenty of pics and  I only go there to sleep. BTM closure im not bothered with because it hardly works any way haha 4 days we were there at new year and it was constantly breaking down- hopefully the refurb will make it more reliant.

HildeKitten

Whilst I agree that people should look things up themselves, I don't think that rude reactions are appropriate. I can understand that seeing the same thing over and over can grind on people's nerves, and whilst I agree that its definitely ok to point someone to the forum search, google or certain sites (etc), I don't think it's ok to be rude.
Even those that spend a lot of time online planning their trips can still miss things, c'est la vie.

I can understand that finding out that a lot of things someone enjoys are closed can be massively annoying.
Also, bare in mind that Disney may change things around, and sometimes people book well before announcements, so yeah.

@BaileySadie, can you maybe move your trip around so less things are closed? If it bothers you that much that may be a solution.

Puffin

Quote from: HildeKitten on August 16, 2015, 07:34:50 PM
Whilst I agree that people should look things up themselves, I don't think that rude reactions are appropriate.

I totally agree with HildeKitten. Nobody, even those new to this forum, deserves that sort of reaction. Just remember, we're not all huge Disneyland fans who know all the ins and outs. And even if you did your research before booking, you still have the right to be sad or disappointed by the closure of certain rides during your stay.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

A&S&O

Quote from: Puffin on August 16, 2015, 09:22:55 PM
Quote from: HildeKitten on August 16, 2015, 07:34:50 PM
Whilst I agree that people should look things up themselves, I don't think that rude reactions are appropriate.

I totally agree with HildeKitten. Nobody, even those new to this forum, deserves that sort of reaction. Just remember, we're not all huge Disneyland fans who know all the ins and outs. And even if you did your research before booking, you still have the right to be sad or disappointed by the closure of certain rides during your stay.

Hear hear.
We don't frequent another forum much because of the attitude of some of the other people that frequent it. This site has always been very pleasant and it a pleasure to help people where possible - and to receive help.

With regard to so many closures. DLP are doing all the refurbishing they should have been doing over the last 20 years in just a couple of years. Either to look nice for its 25th anniversary, or because the Walt Disney company have told them to, or because they have finally realised how bad the parks have got.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Mrsya

Baileysadie - The closures are a bummer aren't they...? I did see them for the week we're planning to book, but it's still a disappointment that my littlest's fav ride will be shut when we're there. It's all part of their sprucing up ready for the 25th anniversary so 2017 will be fab!

On the plus side, hope you got a bargain!

Disneylove

@pink-tink - it doesn't matter in the slightest that it was booked at an off peak season. We're going in August 2016, very peak time, and 6 rides will be closed!!

Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pans flight, Thunder Masa Riverboat Landing, Star Tours, Studio Tram Tour and La Cabane des Robinsons.

Peak times have nothing to do with it. And I agree with the poster, 6 ride closures, especially at peak time, is a bit of a joke. I understand they want it all done for the 25th anniversary, but they should have started planning for it sooner and had one or two major rides closed a time. Six at peak season is ridiculous.

pasxalis1987

Quote from: Disneylove on August 17, 2015, 11:26:36 AM
@pink-tink - it doesn't matter in the slightest that it was booked at an off peak season. We're going in August 2016, very peak time, and 6 rides will be closed!!

Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pans flight, Thunder Masa Riverboat Landing, Star Tours, Studio Tram Tour and La Cabane des Robinsons.

Peak times have nothing to do with it. And I agree with the poster, 6 ride closures, especially at peak time, is a bit of a joke. I understand they want it all done for the 25th anniversary, but they should have started planning for it sooner and had one or two major rides closed a time. Six at peak season is ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more.....But hey, what can we do.