On tight budget

Started by cazdow, August 15, 2015, 11:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cazdow

Hi we going to dlp travel on euro tunnel Sunday 20th of September stay first night at explorers then 2 nights at dcr and three full days followed by night at explorers. I've got no meal plan and due to life's lovely surprises such car trouble kids new fridge etc etc my budget looking small am happy to bring snacks etc and drink with me. And eat very low cost Mcdonalds and any other you guys can recommend. I do want to give kids some spending money. We a family of two teenagers two kids and two adults. And tips advice be great thanks.

Disneyprincesswannab

Earl of Sandwich is good and cheap. Casey's Hot dogs too-we actually share one but depends how hungry you all are. To be honest, the food doesn't seem as crucial as all the rest of the magic-we have done low budget trips many times-enjoy!

lovindisney87

I second caseys my eldest two normally share a hot dog and chips as they are massive. To be totally honest u can spend as much or as little as you want. I normally take snacks with me so pack crisps and packets of crackers so can put a few bits in the bag to take in. Also if you fill up on breakfast I find my kids don't normally wanna eat until late afternoon say 3ish as too busy with everything else going on so only actually buy one meal and snack the rest of the day lol. Life is full of these things that spring up when you least expect or want it don't they lol. I am sure you will still have an amazing time xx😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Slimy yet satisfying

You say 1 night at Explorers then 2 nights Davy Crockett followed by Explorers again, I take it that you will have a car then as there is no shuttle from dcr to the park. If so there is a very good LeClerc hypermarket in Coulommiers close by. Load up for dcr and take pack lunches into the park and have a cooked meal when you return to dcr. Buy loads of snacks and juice that you can keep in your room or car for the following days at Explorers so you will only really need something bought in the park at tea time in which case i would chose a buffet meal. You can also eat at other hotels e.g. Santa fe which do reasonably priced buffets. Then jump back on the shuttle to your own hotel.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Disneylove

Take water bottles and juice and fill up at the fountains for the parks. You'll save a fortune not having to buy drinks for everyone!! Like someone else said, have a big and late as possible breakfast and hopefully it'll see you through quite a lot of the day.

cazdow

Thanks for the advice. Thinking about breakfast as their no breakfast in dcr i was thinking possible having breakfast in one of the other hotels has anyone ever done that before?

efh2015

when we stayed at DCR (albeit many moons ago!) we bought supplies from the supermarket nearby (think it's Carrefour.) It's so much cheaper and healthier than park food, and the breakfasts at the lower-priced hotels aren't really worth paying for. We made full picnics and stocked up on snacks to take into the park which we ate throughout the day, then went back to DCR for a meal before heading back to the park for the fireworks. My parents always budgeted for a character breakfast for us when we were kids, which was the highlight of most trips.
Scout out bargains on clothes/tiaras, souvenirs etc. before the trip from places like poundland, home bargains, primark etc. that they can unwrap every morning of the trip, and if you've got kids that will nag incessantly for a princess dress scope out ebay or charity shops to avoid paying 70 euros for one!
mcdonalds & earl of sandwich in disney village are great value, and generally not half as busy as the in-park restaurants.

stifle

Quote from: cazdow on August 15, 2015, 07:30:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. Thinking about breakfast as their no breakfast in dcr i was thinking possible having breakfast in one of the other hotels has anyone ever done that before?
You can do breakfast at a hotel, it costs between €7 and €40 per person varying by hotel.

cazdow

efh2015

santa fe & cheyenne are the cheapest, and it's just continental fare; rolls, croissants, yogurts & cereal. disneyland hotel & new york have cooked food included in the price, but are the most expensive.

McSuze

Annettes breakfast is nicer than the hotels, it's around €11 for a full cooked breakfast plus pancakes & syrup, tea/coffee & orange juice. It's enough to share :)
:-)

Mitchell

Quote from: McSuze on August 17, 2015, 11:45:15 PM
Annettes breakfast is nicer than the hotels, it's around €11 for a full cooked breakfast plus pancakes & syrup, tea/coffee & orange juice. It's enough to share :)
this sounds amazing, definitely doing this on my October trip!
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

AlmostThere...

Quote from: cazdow on August 16, 2015, 10:13:44 AM
Which ones the cheapest.?

Well, if you are in DCR I would self cater! Do a quick little shop from the supermarket in Marne le vallee?
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!