Booking Early

Started by MimaB, July 28, 2015, 12:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MimaB

Hi, we are looking at booking SFGL for March 2017. The new brochure which should have those dates comes out in late Oct/Nov. Am I best to book straight away ? I know nobody really knows what deals are on and when but was wondering if they offer an early bird kind of thing.

Zee79

This is hard to tell. We booked 1st Nov one year & got under 12 free & that didn't become an offer until the march. I guess you just have to ask when you ring.

daddyof2

I think (though may be wrong) that you might be able to pay this years price rather than next years - it normally goes up year on year. Depending on your own circumstances, different deals may be better for you than others

HildeKitten

You could always do what my husband and I did: just book early and when there's a deal happening ring them back and ask to change your booking into the deal.
That's actually possible, because we did it (and only because the kind CM on the phone told me it is possible when I booked). You'll have to pay the reservation fee again, but let's be honest, that's not a huge amount of money (it was €19 when I booked). Especially not considering you may save € 100ish or more in getting your booking amended.
From what I understand though, you can only amend in this way once, so if another and even cheaper deal happens after you amend your booking, you're stuck.
It also only works (again, so I have been told) if you choose the option to pay later (like about a month before your stay), if you've paid, you've paid (which is probably why DLP tries to encourage people to pay straight away).
So you might as well ring, book, and if a deal happens closer to your stay, just ring them again and ask for the deal and your booking to be amended.
Good luck!