Extra Magic Hours for the Dream AP

Started by davewasbaloo, March 19, 2007, 04:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

According to the DLP official website (the French version) and it now says that Dream AP holders will have access to the extra magic hours. This really does make the extra 50 euro worth while, especially if staying off site.
since 2001 (many before that)

Patrick

OK this confuses me a lot, dlrp do some very strange things.  The extra hours really should be for hotel guests only, not inviting other people in.  Personally I see it that this makes the hours less exclusive and must have for hotel guests making them not stay in the hotels as much and instead buying an annual pass, which is worth a lot less in value.

Suppose it's an ok thing, personally I went to the extra magic hours last april and found it less than fun, dunno why really.

Anthony

Yes! I just heard this yesterday from raptor1982, forgot all about it! :D

This is SUPERB!!! A huge thank you to DLRP for finally making AP holders feel a bit special again, especially since we (and even shareholders) don't seen be getting any kind of specific 15th anniversary event.... Which is total cr*p... but hey - Extra Magic Hours! Even at Kyriad at Holiday Inn! :lol:

Edit: Haha, Patrick has a slightly different view.  It's only AP Dream holders though remember, not all AP holders.

Samninetysix

The 3 of us in our family all have AP Dream passes which cost us 179€ each and without those we wouldn't have gone to DLRP anywhere near as many times as we have in the last 8 months since we bought them, maybe giving AP Dream pass holders like ourselves some extra privileges is a way of saying thanks for the 5000-7000€ we have spent there in the last 8 months.... all in all i'd say that adds up to quite a bit in value

Anthony

And it actually looks like this offer replaces the old 1 hour early access thing... it's been replaced with EMH on the website.  Almost all of the EMH are in the morning too, so they would have clashed.

I wonder what's better - Extra Magic Hours on select days or 1 hour early access every day all year?

Samninetysix

We haven't taken advantage of any early access yet but was planning to on the 2nd April so i'm not sure which way i'd prefer the early access

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"Edit: Haha, Patrick has a slightly different view.  It's only AP Dream holders though remember, not all AP holders.

Yeah I know I'm just boring, but I just got bored last time during EMH and got through things too quickly, think I left within 45 minutes :lol: .  Also to be replacing early entrance is good, I suppose, but also bad for photo obsessed people who enjoy taking photos of empty main street and fantasyland :wink: .  Suppose I'll just have to wait and see, the idea works well enough in Alton Towers, so who knows it may work out in dlrp.

Samninetysix

I wouldn't have said boring......slightly scary maybe but boring?........nah :D

speedpacket

Quote from: "Samninetysix"The 3 of us in our family all have AP Dream passes which cost us 179€ each and without those we wouldn't have gone to DLRP anywhere near as many times as we have in the last 8 months since we bought them, maybe giving AP Dream pass holders like ourselves some extra privileges is a way of saying thanks for the 5000-7000€ we have spent there in the last 8 months.... all in all i'd say that adds up to quite a bit in value
I agree - last year I spent over 2000 EUR on my own on Disney - the family easily adds up to 10000 EUR, so it's not that an AP brings in less value.  If I didn't have an AP, I would not go as much as I do now...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

disneyfanatic

Yes we have 6 Dream Passes so I am thrilled about the extra magic hours as we cannot afford 2 hotel rooms for our family on a reg. basis on Disney property and in order to go every month or so we have to stay off property to afford going. 1 meal with characters costs our family about 150Euro before tip. Just eating at counter service restaurants every day cost over 100 Euro.
I hope we can still get into Fantasyland 1 hour early though as we don't have early morning hours during our next stay. Our 2 youngest children love being 1st in line for Dumbo so getting to ride Dumbo & Peter Pan 2 times in a row early in the morning is a bonus for them. Plus it helps with the babyswap later on when they can't go on big rides.
You figure with our passes we have gone 3 times already since Feb. and have already spent over 5000 Euro. We go again this month and have plans to go in July, Oct., Nov, Dec and Jan. That will make 8 visits in a year. You add up our next 5 visits :) I think we definitly deserve extra magic hours. I hope we get through the lines quickly during evening EMH. A great day at Disney is riding BTM (which we don't have to baby swap for) at least 3 times. (We get FP right when it opens, stand in reg. line, come back & use FP and if we are lucky when we get off we get FP to use again later in the day)

Nicholas-c

i only just found out about the passes im sure 95% (random number) of people dont know about them or are there for the day
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

disneyfanatic

Just got back and we can still get into Fantasyland 1 hour early in addition to using extra magic hours in the evening. We were exhausted Monday- 13 hours in the park! 9am-10pm

giorgio1712

Quote from: "disneyfanatic"Just got back and we can still get into Fantasyland 1 hour early in addition to using extra magic hours in the evening. We were exhausted Monday- 13 hours in the park! 9am-10pm

Thats really good to know, glad im getting my Dream AP now  :D