Difference between off peak weekdays in general?

Started by Farailde, July 25, 2015, 06:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farailde

I was wondering if there is, in general, a difference in how many people there are in the park on different days of the week (without the weekend)? And I don't mean during a peak week, but a normal week when there's no vacation in France.

For example, in Belgium, Wednesday would be a busier day for a theme park then the other days of the week, cause children have no school in the afternoon.

I can imagine that Mondays and Fridays are busier in Disneyland, cause lots of people stay a long weekend. Is this true?  And is Wednesday also busier than Tuesday and Thursday? 

Thanks in advance!!

HildeKitten

From my personal experience I would agree that Monday and Friday are busier than Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, because of people taking a long weekend.
I wouldn't say that there is much difference between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday though.

Discovery_Mountain

Just what you said really,

Iv found Mondays and Fridays busier then Tues - Thursdays, (Friday being the busiest)  People have told me that Wednesday afternoon can also be busier but iv never noticed.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

HildeKitten

I've never known Wedsnesday to be busier either. Maybe it has been when it was a public holiday and a lot of people booked a midweek trip.
So maybe check for those, just to be on the safe side, as public holidays, even during the week, may mean those days are (a bit) busier.

Farailde

Thanks a lot for your responses! I'll check with my friend and hopefully we will be able to go on a Tuesday or Thursday :).

stifle

The only thing to remember is that some restaurants will close early or even all day on less busy days.

Farailde

Quote from: stifle on July 26, 2015, 07:45:10 PM
The only thing to remember is that some restaurants will close early or even all day on less busy days.

Thanks for the reminder! I didn't think of that. Not that it's a problem, but it's good to keep in mind.

LotsoHugginBear

In France some schools used to close at wednesday or wednesday afternoon, so more pupils have the possibility to visit the parks. But I have heard that more and more schools change this and teach their pupils on wednesdays too. So maybe it has been busier on wednesdays some years ago?