Inventions lunch

Started by jmcc, February 27, 2015, 06:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

We have lunch booked for the 13th of March as its my sons 6th birthday. When I booked I was told there would be characters at lunch to bring out his cake. I was going to book Cafe Mickey but decided on Invention based on that. We go in 3 days and I will make sure when I get there but if theres not Ill be very upset :-(

TappyFish

According to the Disneyland Paris page, under dining/Inventions, it says:

"In addition to the Character Lunch and evening experience, brunch is served with Disney Characters every Sunday, from 12:30 PM to 03:00 PM, for an additional charge."

Source: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/dining/disneyland-hotel/inventions/

Beyond this, I'm having trouble finding anything concrete aside from what people have said on here already.Tripadvisor seems to have a general consensus that characters are present for both lunch and dinner though times and whom aren't really listed.

Shirley

Quote from: TappyFish on March 06, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
According to the Disneyland Paris page, under dining/Inventions, it says:

"In addition to the Character Lunch and evening experience, brunch is served with Disney Characters every Sunday, from 12:30 PM to 03:00 PM, for an additional charge."

Source: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/dining/disneyland-hotel/inventions/

Beyond this, I'm having trouble finding anything concrete aside from what people have said on here already.Tripadvisor seems to have a general consensus that characters are present for both lunch and dinner though times and whom aren't really listed.
Ye when I rang to book it. I had read mixed comments about them being there. Before I booked anything I asked the lady on the phone if Inventions would have characters for lunch because if they didn't I was happy enough to book Cafe Mickey. The very nice lady reassured me that lunch in Inventions was definatly with Characters and I was delighted and asked for his cake to be delivered there. We are going to BBWWS for dinner so can't have his cake there. We are doing Cafe Mickey for dinner the day before and I though Inventions lunch would be special for his birthday with the characters and a cake. After spending the last 6 weeks thinking this is what we are doing Ill be very upset if i was givin the wrong information and we have to change our plans, But I'm glad I read it here before I went because if we had turned up for lunch and it was no characters it would have been horrible. Now I can check when we get there and if not change the plans before the day.

TappyFish

Quote from: Shirley on March 06, 2015, 07:16:39 PM
Ye when I rang to book it. I had read mixed comments about them being there. Before I booked anything I asked the lady on the phone if Inventions would have characters for lunch because if they didn't I was happy enough to book Cafe Mickey. The very nice lady reassured me that lunch in Inventions was definatly with Characters and I was delighted and asked for his cake to be delivered there. We are going to BBWWS for dinner so can't have his cake there. We are doing Cafe Mickey for dinner the day before and I though Inventions lunch would be special for his birthday with the characters and a cake. After spending the last 6 weeks thinking this is what we are doing Ill be very upset if i was givin the wrong information and we have to change our plans, But I'm glad I read it here before I went because if we had turned up for lunch and it was no characters it would have been horrible. Now I can check when we get there and if not change the plans before the day.

As has been said, Inventions never used to have characters present for lunch. I know when we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in early 2000 something, they were only present for breakfast and dinner. The current menu (found here: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/inventions/) states that there are no character apperances with lunch. However, when you consider that the menu was last updated 1st July 2014, there is a good chance that the information you have been given is correct.

littlebitofpixiedust and michellemumof2xx have confirmed that there were characters present for lunch having been there in person. I would take that as a good sign and check, as you say, when you get there just to be sure.

Hopefully it all works out for you and it is a very happy 6th birthday :)

Disneypluto

I phoned DLP last week and was told Characters are at Lunch..So looking forward to my visit this year.

Leigh_345

Has anyone been to inventions on Halloween. We are looking at booking it for my daughters birthday on Halloween and I was wondering if it's just the normal character or if they are dressed for Halloween. All this preparation is driving me a bit insane as I'm hearing so many different things about everything. Wouldn't mind but we have been twice before in 2012 and 2013 but we want this to be special as it's all about my daughters birthday. 

Shirley

Quote from: Shirley link=topic=18555.msg265001#msg265001 character5661001
ite have lunch booked for the 13th of March as its my sons 6th birthday. When I booked I was told there would be characters at lunch to bring out his cake. I was going to book Cafe Mickey but decided on Invention based on that. We go in 3 days and I will make sure when I get there but if theres not Ill be very upset :-(

Just to let everyone know we did go for lunch and there was characters there.It was lovely and special because there was only one other family there ;D

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Leigh_345 on April 29, 2015, 07:25:05 PM
Has anyone been to inventions on Halloween. We are looking at booking it for my daughters birthday on Halloween and I was wondering if it's just the normal character or if they are dressed for Halloween. All this preparation is driving me a bit insane as I'm hearing so many different things about everything. Wouldn't mind but we have been twice before in 2012 and 2013 but we want this to be special as it's all about my daughters birthday.

They are not dressed in Halloween costumes for lunch.
But they are for the brunch.
On actual Halloween there's an extra brunch, Halloween themed.
Also if it's not on a Sunday.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''