Inventions lunch

Started by jmcc, February 27, 2015, 06:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcc

Does anyone know how much the character lunch is at Inventions? Not the Sunday brunch but the normal one for other days? We didn't go to Inventions on our first trip and I'd like to try it this time, just not sure whether to do lunch or dinner!
Thanks

stifle

It used to be €36 but I understand it is now more like €50.

Cai

I may be wrong, but I thought that lunch at Inventions was without characters? I thought it was only dinner that had characters? Yes - I've just checked. Lunch has NO characters.:(
2003 - Disneyland Hotel
2004 - Sequoia Lodge & Disneyland Hotel
2006 - Grand Floridian WDW
2007 - Grand Floridian WDW
2008 - Disneyland Hotel
2010 - Grand Floridian WDW
2011 - Hotel New York
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW
2015 - Disneyland Hotel
2017 - Sequoia Lodge, Golden Forest (March)
2017 - Hipark (May)

polar vixen

When did that change? Although not listed on the link at the top of this page, for the lst few months, both lunch and dinner at inventions have had characters and been around the 55-60 euro mark.

jmcc

I'm sure I read on other posts that characters were recently introduced at lunch too, can't remember which thread though! Maybe someone who has been recently can advise us.

littlebitofpixiedust

We've been to inventions twice and ate at 2pm recently  :)
Once in December it was a weekday and again in feb on a Tuesday so yeah I think they are there all the time now. But of course it could change!? Always call and check if your worried but they were there on our last 2 trips I even made my nan (who made reservation) call and confirm the first time as, as far as I was aware it used to be just evening.
Lunchtimes in my opinion are far better, quieter and some great character interactions. Goofy last time was helping me choose from the buffet  ;D he said he didn't like veggies and waved his hand over his face as if they stunk!

jmcc

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 01, 2015, 11:12:20 PM
We've been to inventions twice and ate at 2pm recently  :)
Once in December it was a weekday and again in feb on a Tuesday so yeah I think they are there all the time now. But of course it could change!? Always call and check if your worried but they were there on our last 2 trips I even made my nan (who made reservation) call and confirm the first time as, as far as I was aware it used to be just evening.
Lunchtimes in my opinion are far better, quieter and some great character interactions. Goofy last time was helping me choose from the buffet  ;D he said he didn't like veggies and waved his hand over his face as if they stunk!

Thanks, do you remember how much it was for each guest?

laylanmummyluvdisney

Dinner is approx. 63 euros with characters

lunch is cheaper approx. 50 euros without characters

BUT sometimes like last summer inventions had characters at lunch and dinner which then lunch is chargeable at dinner rates

you can check with city hall, inventions, dining reservations or even the hotel concierge if there will be characters at lunch during your stay 
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

twentythingamabobs

I just booked for lunch on 13th April and confirmed it is a character lunch. So they are definitely still happening!

Cai

Oooh, it says on the DLP website that there's no characters at lunch - and there were none when we were there at lunch a few years ago. But I'm delighted to hear that's changed - I might book lunch there, too. :)
2003 - Disneyland Hotel
2004 - Sequoia Lodge & Disneyland Hotel
2006 - Grand Floridian WDW
2007 - Grand Floridian WDW
2008 - Disneyland Hotel
2010 - Grand Floridian WDW
2011 - Hotel New York
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW
2015 - Disneyland Hotel
2017 - Sequoia Lodge, Golden Forest (March)
2017 - Hipark (May)

michellemumof2xx

I was here nearly 2 weeks ago, on a wednesday at 1.30pm and there were characters there :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

jmcc

Thank you, I phoned to enquire today and was told there wouldn't be characters at lunch. Might check again nearer to going before I book meals.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: jmcc on March 02, 2015, 11:50:41 PM
Thank you, I phoned to enquire today and was told there wouldn't be characters at lunch. Might check again nearer to going before I book meals.

That's very odd? I was hoping for character lunch for our may trip. We've preffered lunch to dinner on last 2 trips and we're characters both times!
Maybe they have characters for lunch and dinner at busier times? I don't know.

janetmh71

I am hoping they are at lunch when I go, too early to try and book yet but lunch seems like a better option. My daughter is not keen on meeting the princesses (apart from Elsa and Anna) but would love to meet Mickey and Minnie. Not that she has a clue that any of this is planned as the whole journey is going to be a surprise!!

stormflm595

Just to jump in, how late do the characters stay to at dinner? our reservation is at 9:15pm after park close, i'd hate to get there and the characters finish at about 9pm!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort