Disney Village Placemaking?

Started by Spacepilot, May 06, 2015, 12:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Can I ask what has happened at Disney Village as i'm slightly confused  ::)
I heard the main entrance & sign is gone...have they replaced it?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

mickey1980

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 29, 2015, 05:05:51 PM
^That sounds like a great excuse for them to dust off the tram concept they had years ago (it may not have been for Paris). They could have a stop at Disney Village, then over to La Vallée and Val d'Europe and then one for Village Nature and Camp Davey Crockett.

Bringing the visitors to places outside of the "magic" to spend their money. That will never happen  :-X

In my opinion the best thing to do with the village is make a side street or expand along the lake. Like that you'll have the feeling of discovering an other area (like in mainstreet u.s.a.).

Things that come to mind would be:

- Irish/British pub themed bar serving good drinks and little bar-snacks like "The Hub".
- A Disney themed (indoor) miniature golf and or bowling like Splitsville in WDW.
- Some small pop-up shops. Maybe a good chance to have Parisian fashion / arts students have their own little shop/expo inside the magic. Limited time to keep it fresh and interesting.
- A Kids Danceparty to keep parents in de village after they visited the park. There used to be a live DJ in the village.

And of course "streetmosphere". So the place doesn't feel like it's only there to take the remainder of your money.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Rocketeer

Quote from: mickey1980 on June 29, 2015, 10:13:11 PM
Bringing the visitors to places outside of the "magic" to spend their money. That will never happen  :-X
Ah great point. Although the idea of linking up the non-lakefront hotels is something for the future.

Quote from: mickey1980 on June 29, 2015, 10:13:11 PM
In my opinion the best thing to do with the village is make a side street or expand along the lake. Like that you'll have the feeling of discovering an other area (like in mainstreet u.s.a.).
Nice idea. What about the abandoned Wharf concept for WDW's Pleasure Island?  "The new theme of the island would be an early 20th-century nautical warehouse district. $3.2 million in new lighting features were to be added, in addition to a waterfront entertainment area and a lighthouse structure." That'd be something unique for the resort.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney