Rio Grande Bar?

Started by Komble, June 30, 2015, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komble

Good evening!!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some idea of the prices/options at the hotel bars, in particular the Rio Grande Bar at the Hotel Santa Fe? (As that is where we are staying!)

My boyfriend suggested that perhaps we'd spend some time in the bar soaking up the atmosphere and having a drink or two before heading up to our room and therefore I'm curious about how much it may cost. I tried looking online but couldn't really find anything.

Has anyone spent time in this bar? Is it good?

I know there are other hotels and the Disneyland Hotel's bar would be lovely to hang out in but it'd be nice to travel back to our hotel and hang out there knowing that's our final stop of the day :D

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if this question has been asked before (I hope I'm asking in the right area!)

HildeKitten

You know, for all the times I've stayed in the Santa Fe I've never actually spent any time in the bar.
BUT I imagine that it'll be about the same price as the rest of the resort, so I wouldn't be surprised if a soft drink is € 4 or € 5

Disney Matt

I stayed at the Sequoia Lodge last year & a pint was about 7 euro!
Cocktails were more expensive.

What I did notice was the drinks are the same in every hotel but get more expensive the higher the star rating!
Hope this helps :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

DisneyRon

Cocktails at Bar Fantasia in the Disneyland Hotel were €17 for alcoholic cocktails and €14 for non-alcoholic ones.
From what I've heard the "cheaper" hotels offer somewhat lower prices for their drinks, but it should give you a ball-park idea on pricing. :)

Zee79

The bar in the Santa Fe is quite small, if there is a lot of people they sometimes open up the dining area. The last time we drank in there it as about 6euro for a pint. The Cheyenne has a nice bar & so does the Sequoia. We did notice in here though that people would just sit with you without asking if seats were spare. This doesn't always bother people but we were a party of 13! They squeezed in with us. Other drinks are roughly the same price. I like all 3.

mickey1980

The Cheyenne bar is much nicer and more vibrant. I would suggest having a drink on the other side of the river .
Drinks aren't cheap. But then again, nothing in DLP is  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Komble

Thanks for all the replies! It's certainly nice to see all our options.... We are of course interested in the happy hour at King Ludwig's Castle (if this is still around!).

Cheyene and Santa Fe are right next to each other so it is more than likely we will check out both bars before deciding :D