Newport bay refurb ? Or sequoia lodge?

Started by Nudge234, June 15, 2015, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nudge234

Hi I'm booked into the newport bay august this year, the work going on and trip advisor etc has worried me, we really want to use the swimming pool but I can't get a yes/no answer if the pool will be available both indoor/outdoor
Has anyone stayed at sequoia lodge? Is it  nice? Is the outdoor/indoor pool good to use? I know I can see photos on website but ideally like a customer point of view
Thank you so much :)

Zee79

We stayed at the Sequoia in 2013, in one of the lodges, loved it. We used the pool but only the inside was open, that was enough. It was freezing! We manage an hour & that was enough. The pool isn't very big but nice to use, wasn't packed with being May time. The slide is good but can be fast so little ones need to be careful. The current can be strong but my youngest & nephew loved it, both aged 6 at the time & not competent swimmers. My eldest & her friend were in their element.

glenn

I think the sequioa lodge is the best hotel in dlp,very relaxed atmosphere .
As said in previous post the water is very cold,but I found it cold in
the Newport bay also.

littlebitofpixiedust

Have stayed in the sequioa many times, have done Newport too along with all the others. And I must say I've only done newport once, would like to try again after refurb. But it's so big it's the only hotel we've ever got lost in!

The sequioa is great value and has a fun pool (didn't use myself) did the Newport don't remember any slides there but was years ago. My brother and family used pool at sequioa they loved it apart from temperature, as posted above cold! But your going August so maybe nice for you to cool down? Newport pool was aswell cold hope this helps!