What if Disney closes again

Started by Jane, November 29, 2015, 08:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Hi, we were thinking of booking a trip at Easter for 2 nights at New York hotel. However, in light of the recent tragic events in Paris and the subsequent closure of Disney parks for 3 days, I wanted to know what would happen to bookings if this were to happen again. I rang Disney to ask. The person I spoke to said that last time people were given refunds but that there was no guarantee this would be the case for any future instances. I asked if I would be offered the chance to come at a different time when the parks reopened. Again he said that nothing might be offered. He also told me that my personal travel insurance would be of no use in such circumstances.

rebecca20

I think this is a bit of an over exaggeration... look at all the terror attacks that have occurred and parks haven't been closed! Unless you work for MI6 and have some information then I really wouldn't worry.

Plus if a terror attack does happen I highly doubt that your holiday being ruined would be your top priority (hell I would feel lucky to be alive not annoyed I couldn't go on a few rides). Plus Disney definitely did their best to make those who were in the hotels enjoy their trip by offering free food and placing characters in hotels.

If you are so concerned then I don't know how you ever go holiday - the Paris attacks could happen anywhere so this rules out 99.9% of holiday destinations.

Disney aren't obliged to give refunds but out of good will they most likely would refund you. You can get insurance covering force majeure but it'll cost more than your trip.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Zee79

My daughter was due to go December 16th with the school but it has now been postponed until the Easter holidays in March so that's not been cancelled. We booked our Disney trip July this year for July 2016 and haven't even thought of cancelling it, we would still be going even if it happened again unless we were banned from travelling. If we think like this then we won't even be able to leave the house and this is what they want. It is one of those things when you'll cross the bridge when you come to it. Book your holiday, look forward to it and then enjoy it  :)

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Jane on November 29, 2015, 08:01:51 PM
Hi, we were thinking of booking a trip at Easter for 2 nights at New York hotel. However, in light of the recent tragic events in Paris and the subsequent closure of Disney parks for 3 days, I wanted to know what would happen to bookings if this were to happen again. I rang Disney to ask. The person I spoke to said that last time people were given refunds but that there was no guarantee this would be the case for any future instances. I asked if I would be offered the chance to come at a different time when the parks reopened. Again he said that nothing might be offered. He also told me that my personal travel insurance would be of no use in such circumstances.

JUST BOOK YOUR TRIP

Terror attacks can happen at any time, in any place. Just because the tragic events happened in Paris, does not mean that it will happen again.

I went to New York in 2001, with my friends , for a concert.... the day after the concert was September 11 2001 and the planes hit the World Trade Centre

Every situation is unique and how business deal with it is different. You should not be thinking or even expecting a call centre person to know how your individual booking will be dealt with IF there happened to be another attack during your stay. That type of information will not get released to the front line call centre staff unless it is necessary.

The attacks in Paris were a unique event, IF there is a next time, then Disney SENIOR Management will release the information and make decisions based on guidance from  the Police, just like they did a few weeks ago.

Just because a situation was dealt with in a certain way does not mean it will be dealt with in the same way, should the same situation happen again.

Book, your trip and enjoy the magic

A LIFE LIVED IN FEAR IS A LIFE HALF LIVED
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Jane

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 29, 2015, 09:07:13 PM
I think this is a bit of an over exaggeration... look at all the terror attacks that have occurred and parks haven't been closed! Unless you work for MI6 and have some information then I really wouldn't worry.

Plus if a terror attack does happen I highly doubt that your holiday being ruined would be your top priority (hell I would feel lucky to be alive not annoyed I couldn't go on a few rides). Plus Disney definitely did their best to make those who were in the hotels enjoy their trip by offering free food and placing characters in hotels.

If you are so concerned then I don't know how you ever go holiday - the Paris attacks could happen anywhere so this rules out 99.9% of holiday destinations.

Disney aren't obliged to give refunds but out of good will they most likely would refund you. You can get insurance covering force majeure but it'll cost more than your trip.

Hi, I think I might have mislead you - we are still planning to go but were wondering what would happen if Disney decided to close the parks again (as they did for 3 days).  We will probably buy tickets on the gate rather than a package up front.