Closures putting anyone else off 2016...?

Started by Mrsya, June 13, 2015, 12:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

I can't bear the thought of not going for nearly 2 years but every school hols next year has at least two of our favourite rides shut e.g btm, star tours and it's a small world.  :'(

Thinking of booking an Oct trip now but prices are ridonculous!!!!  :o

Disney Matt

I'm staying feb 2016 & know its a quiet time as its cheap & before the french school holidays. & that there'll be loads of closures then too! But i'll experience things i've never done before with the closures :)
After that I don't think i'll go back till Dec 2017 as by then all the refurbs will be complete :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

msRavenswood

Our last visit was in September 2014 and our next one will be September 2017. God only knows how hubby and I are dealing with it! Lol! But we are expecting our first child this September and we decided we should experience the park after all the renovations are over. The anticipation might be killing us, but the wait will be totally worth it!

lovindisney87

We are booked to go January 2016 as last went in January 2014 when I was pregnant with my third daughter. Main reasons for booking it was 1. When we went last year it was very quiet hardly any queues, 2. We picked up some good bargains whilst there and 3. We will be going before my youngest turns 2 therefore we cam get a normal room at Cheyenne as she still goes in a cot, saves on a larger room elsewhere.
Bit gutted that big thunder mountain will be closed and peter pan rides closed but other than that at the moment I think most of the rest is open.
Just means we will have to save for another one when all the stuffs been done lol 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

andrewuk

Yeah we're looking at October 2017 but I don't know how we're going to cope. As the upgrades get unveiled the yearning to get back will get to be unbearable
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

HildeKitten

Me.
But mainy because I want to do something else than Disney parks for a change :)
so I'm going on a city trip somewhere instead :)

moonloo

We were planning a Dec 2016 trip, this is the last time we will be able to go during term time before my son hits high school so we really wanted one last big trip... now we might have to push it back to March 2017 to ensure the closures are completed! :( :(

DLPWonders (Banned)

I'm not bothered by closures at all.
I don't let my happiness at my favourite place depend on 1 or 2 rides.
Disneyland Paris is so full of beauty and magic, and hidden gems.
There's so much to see and do, it's still the happiest place on earth, a ride or two doesn't change that.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Disney Matt

Quote from: DLRPWonders on June 13, 2015, 12:16:23 PM
There's so much to see and do, it's still the happiest place on earth, a ride or two doesn't change that.

I agree on that! Since joining the forum late last year i've realised there's more to the parks than i 1st thought. There are sections of the park I never knew existed!!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

HildeKitten

Whilst that is certainly true, the fact is that Disney is ridiculously expensive for a lot of people, so I can totally understand why they would rather postpone their trip to get a fuller experience rather than a bunch of fences in their experience.

Discovery_Mountain

We've decided to take the opportunity to go to Walt Disney World for 2016 instead but back to DLP for a a few trips in 2017. Depending on work id quite like to go for non-season, halloween and christmas.

It'll be interesting to see what the attendance figures are like for 2016, Im guessing a lot of the general public won't have any idea about all the refurbishment's and continue to go but most of the fan community do and a lot seem to be staying away until 2017.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

moonloo

Im just not sure I can wait until christmas 2017, it was hard enough thinking about waiting until Christmas 2016!! I think I have decided to do March 2016 to keep us going until Dec 2017 and just suck up having to pay the school fine!

michellemumof2xx

Me! I dont think we will return now until 2017, off on a beach holiday instead next year!
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

DisneyRon

Not necessarily putting me off visiting, just not planned for next year.
Even before the closures were announced. :)
I will be there in 2017 though. ;D

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: DLRPWonders on June 13, 2015, 12:16:23 PM

Agree with you entirely!! A few closures wouldn't be enough to keep me away for that long, the atmosphere alone the shows/parades ect makes the experience for me.
I love all the rides but there's closures any time we've been, and I've never been bored or upset that one or two of my favourites are down. Just enjoy everything else dlp has to offer  :)