Choosing our meals

Started by plzsm, May 17, 2015, 11:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plzsm

Hi
We are going in July for 4 nights and have the plus plan. Planning to pay extra one night for buffalo bills and upgrade for lunch with the princess. So we have 3 meals to choose from. What would you suggest ? We are there mon-fri. Having characters around is preferable. Thought Cafe Mickey for one but not sure of the other 2. Our kids are 5 and 7 and not too fussy. Do we need to pay more for inventions?

Thank you in advance.
Ed

Mrsya

Depending on what kind of foods they like and if your children are girls then maybe Inventions is an option. My 5 year old loves Pizza Planet as it's the only restaurant with a play area and unlimited pizza and cakes but you may lose out on your meal plan with that one!  :D

Blue Lagoon has fab theming (inside Pirates ride) and Plaza Gardens and Agrabah are both very nice. I wouldn't recommend Agrabah if there are any fussy eaters in your family though - my husband said never again.

stifle

Bistrot Chez Rémy can be great. But check the menu first as it's quite short. That goes double if you have fussy eaters. Also consider the Steakhouse.

plzsm

Does anyone know if inventions is included in the plus plan? And do they have characters all the time?

DisneyRon

Inventions is on the Premium plan only, though you can obviously use your Plus vouchers as partial payment.

Mileto

We will be staying in Sequoia Lodge. But - may we buy a standard meal plan? Or it is only allowed to have the Plus meal plan?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mileto on May 27, 2015, 10:02:06 PM
We will be staying in Sequoia Lodge. But - may we buy a standard meal plan? Or it is only allowed to have the Plus meal plan?

While the website probably won't give you more than one option when picking a hotel with a meal plan, if you call them you should be able to get any plan you'd like at any of the hotels. :)

Mileto

Thank you, DisneyRon! This would be really great.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

plzsm

Thanks Ron
What would you say are the best premium plus options? We have 4 meals to pick
One will be cafe mickey, one will be upgraded to auberge
Not sure about the others?

DisneyRon

Quote from: plzsm on May 27, 2015, 10:49:24 PM
Thanks Ron

That's a tough one.

Chez Remy is really popular, though the menu is somewhat limited, do check it out before you decide.
Haven't eaten there myself yet, but a lot of people here love the place.

Walt's is a very nice restaurant, but you'll want to check the "Plus" menu before committing, as you'll be choosing from a limited menu, rather than à la carte. Not sure how your kids will like it's more formal atmosphere though. :)

The Blue Lagoon is also a really nice restaurant, and it's fun watching the boats from Pirates of the Caribbean float past. :) the menu is quite heavy on the seafood though, so you'll want to check if there's anything to your liking on there.

You could also give the Buffets restaurants at the hotels a try. :) They generally have a lot of options in terms of food. :) On the Plus plan that's Parkside Diner (Hotel New York), Cape Cod (Newport Bay Club) or Hunter's Grill (Sequoia Lodge). Those hotels respective table restaurants are also an option of course. :)

No character meals on this list, but you're picking up most of those with Café Mickey and L'Auberge de Cendrillon. Inventions is the only other character restaurant at DLP. :)

stifle

Quote from: plzsm on May 27, 2015, 10:49:24 PM
Thanks Ron

Do you mean Premium or Plus? "Premium Plus" isn't a thing.

plzsm

Thank you so much - excellent reply

Yes, sorry, I meant plus option

MattR

If you want the best inside the parks I would also say Blue Lagoon and Walts.

My favorite in the whole ressort would be the restaurant in hotel New York.

What disappointed me foodwise was Chez Remy. I had a steak there last fall, it wasn´t bad and I should have expected less, keeping in mind the price, being in a themepark, being in france and the general prices of steaks. I had another in the village steak house which wasn´t much better...