Eating outside the Disney bubble

Started by Rincelex, May 17, 2015, 04:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincelex

Hi

We are there for four days/three nights over May half term and have been browsing the restaurants to see where to eat. They all look quite expensive when you factor in 2 adults and 2 children (who pick at food). We have breakfast included at our hotel and are planning on making packed lunches for dinner in order to save a bit for evening meals but still working out to £90-£100 per night for our meals.

Are there any restaurants outside of Disney but within 10-20 miles that anyone would recommend, I assume that I am paying premium for eating somewhere associated with Disney be that in the park or at the village.

Thanks

DisneyRon

While I can't offer concrete recommendations, I think it's safe to assume that the Val d'Europe shopping centre has a number of restaurants. It's basically next door to the Disney parks.

HildeKitten

Val d'Europe should also have a website (I don't have it as I've never visited it, but I'm sure you can find it via google ^^) so you can possibly find menus and prices for restaurants there.

An alternative would be to google for "restaurants Marne-la-Vallée" and see what comes up.

I don't know about France, but in Belgium food in shopping malls is generally a fair bit pricier than you'd pay elsewhere eating out, so it may be a good idea to just google for what's in the area aside Val d'Europe if that turns out to still have pretty pricy things.

daddyof2

If you get stuck, McDonalds and Earl of Sandwich are probably the cheapest places to eat in the village, or some people use the rail station for a cheapish baguette

mickey1980

Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Rincelex

Thank you for your replies, I have found a link to the shopping centre at Vald'europe and there are a couple of restaurants there that look quite good and considerably cheaper than disney. Might give these a try.

LotsoHugginBear

I've tried the pizzeria at the hotel Cheval Blanc at Josigny - just 5miles outside the resort. The pizza was really tasty, the salad as well.
Can recommend that, but I guess the price was not that cheap.

carrydee44

We have ate a few of the restaurants in the shopping centre.  they are so much cheaper than Disney there is  a lovely pizza place and a Chinese restaurant.  We do one nice Disney meal and then budget for rest of trips as eating there is an expensive past time.  We also packed bars n biscuits with us for mid lunch break as much as we love the brownies after a couple of days they wear a bit thin. ;)
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

Rincelex

Thanks for these, yes we have breakfast at the hotel and then we are taking/buying stuff for packed lunches and snacks and then saving ourselves for the evening meal, but at £90 a go it was too much for three days on a budget trip. We are going to have one meal onsite and the other two somewhere a little cheaper (more money left for souvenirs then).