Princess Pavilion

Started by bp_serene, May 09, 2015, 05:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bp_serene

Please can anyone tell me how the Princess Pavilion works? How do you find out which princesses will be there? How long do you wait for? What time does it generally start from each day? My daughter loves princesses but is very shy with new people so need to know how long we could be waiting for....

Thanks in advance :)

PrincessKirsty

well you dont get to find out who your meeting until you are actually face to face with them. its all a big surprise as to who you'll get. Waiting times if you are going in off peak times the queues can be up to 90 minutes or more. if you are going at a busy time you may have to queue to get a ticket to come back later and possibly wait an hour. Princess Pavilio opens at 10am everyday.

Disney Matt

I've never been myself but from reading what other people have said on here. Is that if you go first thing for when it opens sometimes the Princesses will walk by you so you get to see which 2 will be there!
Hope this helps :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

gavinng

So even during off peak season the wait is 90 minutes? That seems long. Good thing the boys are not into princesses (yet).

girlinleeds

We went feb half term and dh would go and start queing at 8am and be one of the first in the que. By 9am the wait time was 3-4 hours, so by queing early we had a two hour wait, but we took it in turns to take dd on the rides while the other one qued

bp_serene

Wow, that is a long wait. I was thinking about booking a meal in Auberge de Cendrillon as my birthday treat so perhaps we will skip the Princess Pavilion. Thanks everyone :)

stifle

Quote from: gavinng on May 11, 2015, 03:51:32 AM
So even during off peak season the wait is 90 minutes? That seems long. Good thing the boys are not into princesses (yet).
Yup the queues tend to be pretty crazy. That's princesses for you!

gavinng

Not to offend anyone, but I'm kinda glad my two boys are a little too young to want to have their pictures taken with princesses. For that matter, they don't even want to take pictures with any Disney character. Their mom drags them to the go grab pictures. So we're really doing Auberge for Mama. I just hope they don't cause a ruckus.

AmyT14

Just a quick question regarding the Princess Pavilion - if you are eating at Auberge is it worth queuing for this too or will we get contact with enough princesses at Auberge?!

Disney Matt

There are always 3 Princesses, 1 Prince plus Suzy & Perla (the mice). More than enough i'd say.
Unless of course there's 1 Princess in particular you want tk meet that isn't at Auberge when you go.

Hope this helps :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

AmyT14

Thanks that's great - my girls (I have 3) and I are pretty open minded about who we see and think the idea of sat eating whilst the princesses are around would be better than waiting in a long queue, particularly for my younger ones.

seraphelle

We've been to the Princess Pavilion twice (once on each trip), The first time in one room it was Snow White and in the other it was Ariel (we opted for Ariel), the second time we'd just missed Cinderella and it was Snow White and Ariel again (so we went for Snow White).

In Auberge (which we've also done twice), the first time the Princesses were Cinderella, Snow White and her Prince, and Aurora. The second time, it was Snow White, Cinderella, and Rapunzel and Flynn.

If you can spare the cash for the Auberge (it's not cheap!) then I'd opt for that every time, the interaction is amazing.  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

AmyT14

The main thing putting me off Auberge is the menu choices for the children, I'm not sure my younger girls especially would eat much of it and to pay all that money out I don't want to waste it!

seraphelle

Yep I'm with you there, my eldest is veggie and literally picks at the food there. We make sure she has a good breakfast and plenty snacks the rest of the day. My husband and I love the food, and our youngest enjoys the chicken.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019