Teatime Torture.... treat

Started by BenRM, April 11, 2015, 10:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodsy2015

I've just come back from five days at Disney and having seen this post before I went I felt nervous about using the tea time treat vouchers.

My husband and I used our vouchers in Colonel Hathis pizza outpost, Toad Hall, Last Chance Cafe and En Coulisse in Disney Studios.
As we had an early breakfast each day and used our magic hours in the park we were ravenous by 3 o'clock and grateful for a snack and drink.
The choice of a doughnut or ice cream was great, and the sugar hit we needed. We had good service with a smile everyday and the only fault was a poor cup of tea one day.

The only place we queued was in the Studios, but it was fast moving and we got a seat each place we went.
I would definitely recommend it to others, after my initial reservations it was a welcome treat everyday :)

AliceJustbelieve

Quote from: Nodsy2015 on May 02, 2015, 11:33:02 AM
I've just come back from five days at Disney and having seen this post before I went I felt nervous about using the tea time treat vouchers.

My husband and I used our vouchers in Colonel Hathis pizza outpost, Toad Hall, Last Chance Cafe and En Coulisse in Disney Studios.
As we had an early breakfast each day and used our magic hours in the park we were ravenous by 3 o'clock and grateful for a snack and drink.
The choice of a doughnut or ice cream was great, and the sugar hit we needed. We had good service with a smile everyday and the only fault was a poor cup of tea one day.

The only place we queued was in the Studios, but it was fast moving and we got a seat each place we went.
I would definitely recommend it to others, after my initial reservations it was a welcome treat everyday :)

I agree! We had fine service too, although we only used the vouchers once so we didn't have have much chance of faults. There was written on the vouchers where we could use them. We went to Casey's Corner and swapped the vouchers for coffee and doughnuts and ordered two hotdogs. The coffee and hotdogs were warm and the doughnuts tasted okay :) It's a pity to read that so many people had bad experiences, since for me (and I think many others with me?) Disney is all about the smiles and good service.
April 2015 ~ Hotel Cheyenne <3

gavinng

That's good to know. We were rather apprehensive from all the negative reviews. But it's good to know that it's alright. Looking forward to using them on our trip in Jun 2015.

vampira

We had a mealplan for the first time on our last visit (in March) and we had no problems at all with the pause gourmande. We had an Ice cream and some cool drinks on our first day at Colonel Hathi's and it was very nice to had a cold snack as it was a warm, sunny day. The offered a fruit cake too by the way, so maybe it's not just the doughnut or ice cream?
The second day we had hot chocolate and doughnuts and we both liked it. The doughnuts were good, the hot chocolate was a little too sweet for me, but my husband loves sweet things so he really loved it.  ;D
We didn't have to wait very long for our snacks and drinks and we had a chance to sit down, get a little rest and someting to eat before dinner. (we just had a big breakfast and dinner, no lunch ;))
I would definitly use them again! ;D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

carrydee44

we went in January 2015 and omg the treat time treat torture as you put it was a nightmare.  Most of the restaurants listed on the voucher were either closed early due to fireworks starting  (remember January early hours) so we headed of to Casey's Corner where my patient daughter waited for over 45 mins to get our treat, so after that needless to say we did not bother as we were staying the Sequioa lodge golden forest so we went back there for treat instead.  We went to complain about the tea time treat but decided that it wasn't worth it.  So this time we are staying off site and doing our own choosing of food and its a relief to be honest
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015