Tips and advice needed

Started by Siobhan82, March 29, 2015, 09:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siobhan82

We are going to dlp in three weeks we are booked into Cheyenne from Monday to Friday with standard half board flying from edinburgh. I was just lookin for any tips advice on

Where to eat
How much money to take
What's available for breakfast

Any anything else helpful

Thanks in advance

disneynutter

Hi bet your excited :) we've been for the past two years and have stopped at the hotel cheyenne, breakfast has always been great, it's buffet style so you just grab what you want, we also ate at the cheyenne at night and there's a nice selection of different foods to choose from and no complaints from my lot lol the half board meal plan is actually quite good as you get vouchers called tea time treats which entitles each person to a drink and a snack like a muffin or ice cream and a hot drink, we ate at caseys corner for dinner most days which was reasonably priced and again the food was good, I'll try and remember the other two places we ate which were great, one was in adventure land and had some African guys playing the drums while we ate which was good. My wife will remember the other restraunt we ate at in the Disney village so I'll let you know,
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Disney hotel 2017 can't wait ;)

disneynutter

As for spending money we went Monday to Friday and let our two spend roughly £40 each per day which was plenty enough for them to buy some nice toys, obviously we bought them extra bits and bobs like face painting etc as for us again we spent about the same on our self's but everyone is different, one tip though my daughter bought a brave bow and arrow set which nearly got took off us at the airport as it was classed as a weapon, glad they let us take it other wise my daughter would of been well upset, also no balloons on the plane just in case you were thinking of spending a fortune on one to be told you can't bring it back
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Disney hotel 2017 can't wait ;)

Siobhan82

Thanks very much for ur replays kids will have roughly £100 each but we will buy them other things I have £1000 put away so think we should be ok

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Siobhan82 on March 29, 2015, 09:42:41 PM
Where to eat

That depends on your budget and what food you eat
For me in the parks I usually have  breakfast and one main meal and then snacks though out the day

If your budget allows I would suggest you have a look at Blue Lagoon. Its pricey and the menu is not for everyone BUT it is a unique Disney experience, as the restaurant is actually IN Pirates of the Caribbean ride.When you go on the ride you the restaurant is part of the ride and you go past everyone eating their meal.

There are dining options for al sorts of budgets, from McDonalds and Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village, to Auberge Centriallion, Cafe Mickey and Inventions which are character meals ie characters will come to your table during your meal.

There are dining options in all the lands, on Main Street and in the Studios. The best thing to do would be have a look at this http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/

How much money to take

Again that depends on your budget and whether you have a prepaid meal plan or will need to budget for food and drinks.

How much merchandise do you intend to buy (and have room for in your suitcase) I usually budget €50 to €70 per day, for food and souvenirs

What's available for breakfast
I haven't stayed at Cheyenne but the breakfasts are generally the same in all the hotel. You will have a continental buffet, which is mini croissants, white bread for toast, selection of cold meats and cheese, cereal, yoghurts, fruit, tea, coffee, fruit juice

Any anything else helpful

When you check in you will be given your room key, a hotel easy pass for Extra Magic Hours and your breakfast time slot coupon. The early timeslots go quickly, as people want to be in the park for EMH. Try to get early breakfast times and also ask if breakfast is available in the park during your stay. They sometimes open on of the restaurants in the park as an overflow for breakfast for hotel guests. This means that you can go to the park for EMH and have breakfast a bit later.

Also about EMH. Yes its early but it is well worth it. The park is open to hotel guests only, for 2 hours. During this time you will get amazing photos of the castle with no one in the backgrounds. You will get exclusive character meet and greets and best of all, they open about 6 rides, usually Peter Pan and Buzz Lightyear, which during the day can have wait times of over an hour.

Another perk of staying at one of the Disney hotels, is the shopping service. When you buy merchandise and souvenirs, tell them you are staying at Cheyenne. You will then fill out a form with your hotel details and room number. You get a receipt and the form is attached to the bag. They will then deliver your shopping to your hotel, so you don't have to carry bags of shopping around with you. Just make sure to shop before 3pm
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

beachbaby

Hi, we came back this morning, we have driven twice we also live in North yorkshire and go via hull to zebrugge, takes 3 1/2 hours from there to Disney, much more favourable than the drive to and from Dover. Hubby refuses to do that now done it twice. We find the cost about the same as you end up having an overnight stay,
Regarding toll roads I had no problem using my uk credit cards costs about €20 each way.