Golden forest or disneyland hotel?

Started by Bylerdisney, March 22, 2015, 06:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bylerdisney

Hey y'all,
My family had an amazing time the last week of November this past year.  We stayed in the golden forest room at the sequoia lodge.  We loved everything about it!  We are planning to go again this November and trying to decide if we should get the disneyland hotel experience or go back to sequoia lodge.

We have 3 kids...will be 5, 4, and 2.  We love the golden forest breakfast and afternoon snacks.  Does disneyland hotel offer anything like that?  Can we request room with a park view?  What are some advantages of the Disneyland hotel other than the obvious distance to the park?

Thanks for your help!  We are looking forward to making this a family tradition!

DisneyRon

Let's start with the 1st question: Does the DLH have snacks and drinks available for free like the Golden Forest Club does? No, it does not as standard. If you have a Castle Club Room or Suite then, yes. The same privileges as the GFC.
Much like the GFC, Castle Club is an upgrade on the standard rooms.

You get a Hotel Fast Pass per person per night of your stay as standard in the DLH (you also get these when you stay at the GFC). In a Castle Club room you get a VIP Fast Pass for your entire stay per person.

I imagine you can request a park view room, though only Castle Club rooms explicitely list it as an option, so you'd have to inform with Disney if that's possible or not. :)

justlikeidreamedit

Having done both Golden Forest and DLH the week after you go, I recommend you try DLH whilst your youngest is classed as an infant and all children are under 7.

We took the plunge last year and absolutely loved it. I paid a bit extra for the Xmas theming (classic room) and to me it was worth every penny with the goodies you get more than adding up to the extra paid. I felt that we would only do it once and so should make the best of it. The window overlooked the gardens as you walk in from Disney Village, but as it's winter it's dark most of the time anyway so wouldn't be bothered where we were.

However, am now torn between the two for this Xmas as loved the luxury of DLH and being so close to the park that we could bob back to the room at any time, but we do enjoy a beer in the evening and one round of drinks was rather expensive there. SL has the roaring fire and comfy seats in the bar and Golden Forest extras make a stay there that bit more special without the huge price tag. It's just the walk to the park (very rarely use the bus service as too many people on especially if you have a pushchair) that puts us off.

Just got to work out the finances now!!

littlebitofpixiedust

Totaly agree with justlikeidreamedit  :)
Take the plunge if you can! We've done DLH once and loved every minute, it's wonderful being so close to the park it really is. We had a room with doors that opened up we faced the exit if the park people would wave to us.

I've done all on-site hotels but I'm pleased to say we've done the DLH at least once although I'm toying with next Christmas there. If you haven't tried the inventions character buffet in the DLH do try its lovely, it's a must for us on every trip now. Have a magical time