Pens for autographs

Started by frostie, March 21, 2015, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostie

I've read somewhere that people take Sharpies pens for autographs. I was just about to buy some and noticed that they are classed as permanent marker pens. Are you allowed to use these? I would hate Mickey to get permanent marker pen on his white gloves!
Any other suggestions of pens to take?

TappyFish

The bigger the better. From what I understand, some of the characters (such as those with large gloves) really struggle with the smaller pens so having a nice chunky pen to hold with a clear writing head is perfect. As for sharpies, I couldn't see why they wouldn't be allowed though it's not something I could definitively answer I'm afraid.

stecal

hi i took sharpies in feb and the characters found it much easier to write with them rather than the biros i bought in the hotel shop on previous trips 

daddyof2

Whilst Sharpies are amazing, you can get a couple of bullet tip markers from a pound store or supermarket that will work just as well - possibly cheaper to buy.

stecal

I got the sharpies from wilkinsons for 75p each  :)

tillyjenny

We've had quite a few people recommend using the thick chunky multi colour pens, so I ordered a couple of these http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/kids-stationery/disney-frozen-multi-colour-pen/5701359729936 for £1.49 each, used code FREEDEL to get free standard delivery, think they also do Minnie/Mickey ones too.

HildeKitten

As a handy tip: use Posca instead of Sharpie if you can (tigerpens.co.uk sells them, that's where I get mine from). Sure they are more expensive but they don't bleed through most paper (they didn't on my ikea notebook's pages), which is great as that way you don't "loose" pages so to speak because of bleed through from marker ink :)
And they come in the same formats as Sharpie if I'm not mistaken (I only have the 0.7mm ones but I know they come in much bigger formats).