Is my blue badge sufficient for a disability pass

Started by Annie, March 18, 2015, 11:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Hi

I am a wheel chair user in the uk and also have a blue badge.  is my blue badge sufficient proof Of my illness / disability to be given a pass? I also have letters stating I recive pip benefit. And hospital letters from my consultants in London.

This is my first visit to DLP

Ann

HildeKitten

I would think so, I think the fact that you are in a wheelchair alone is enough to be fair.
I always use a note from my GP (I have a heart condition) and they have never made a problem out of it.
So if they're fine with that, I'm pretty sure that they'll be fine with your blue card.
DLP is really awesome and accommodating towards people with illnesses and disabilities from my experience ^^
I hope you'll have a great stay! :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

All you need is a letter from your doctor, written in either English or French, stating what sort of disability you have.
The letter can't be older than 3 months, and it need to have a stamp and signature from your doctor.
Other things don't really help, it's just that letter. But ultimately Disneyland Paris is the one who decides if you get one or not.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

minnieme

We just showed my sons blue badge to get the pass. He is in a wheelchair. Never had a problem.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: minnieme on March 18, 2015, 09:57:21 PM
We just showed my sons blue badge to get the pass. He is in a wheelchair. Never had a problem.

Blue badge is sufficient my son is a wheelchair user to Minnie never had to take a letter just badge.
And I forgot it once and they wouldn't let him have a pass they advised I called my GP and faxed a letter to DLP within the hour he had the pass they're very helpful have a great stay!  :)

twentythingamabobs

The very first time we went, we had no idea about Disability passes or anything. So for the first day we queued and it was a nightmare, we were all at the point of tears. We went into City Hall just to see what we could do for our next visit, the CM spent a little time with our boy with Special Needs and gave us a pass there and then for the duration of our visit with absolutely no paperwork. They really are brilliant and use their common sense. Couldn't praise them enough!

cazspence

Blue badge is all you need. There's no need for a drs letter of u have the badge. As most drs will charge an admin fee for writing a few lines. My blue badge on its on has been enough for them. No questions asked and I'm not in a wheelchair, Only use a stick.

Annie

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your replays, you have put my mind to rest . Something I can tick of my list  ;)