Our first trip - magical indeed

Started by MaxinUK, February 25, 2015, 01:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxinUK

This is a little belated but I have just joined the forum as we are looking forward so much to our second trip at the end of this summer.

I only wish we had started going years ago when the kids were smaller but like so many I guess I never really 'got' the whole Disney 'thing' and the expense was a bit much for us.  However, my wife persuaded me and off we went last June.

I dreaded it to be honest but oh was I totally wrong.  It was truly magical from start to finish and of all of us I was the most Disney-struck declaring a wish to live there!

Spring Fever was in full swing and the sun shone all day every day - we packed it in from morning to night.  We had a lovely balcony room at Newport Bay and devoured the buffet breakfast.  Just some of our highlights were Tower of Terror, endless rides on Pirates of the Caribbean and Thunder Mountain, last night dinner at the Blue Lagoon and always finishing the night off at Phantom Manor.

Anyway, we are now committed DLP 'lovies' and cannot wait to get back later this year.   :D

Here is a taste of our trip (most of them you can click on for a larger image):

learning-the-ropes

Absolutely stunning photos. Can't wait for my first visit

seraphelle

Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

daddyof2

I agree, you got some great photos. Your kids still look young enough for you to enjoy plenty more visits as a family, and your experiences will likely change as they get older. We went with our children for the first time last June too, and are looking forward to going on bigger rides with them as they grow

BlackPearl

Wonderful photos. I love the one of the castle in the evening.  :D

vampira

Beautiful pictures (and a beautiful family!  ;) ). It really looks like a magical first trip. I hope your next trip will be just as nice.
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

Alexz

My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Mrsya

You've caught the Disney bug!!  :D No going back now... We were exactly the same!

moonloo

Wow, your pictures are so lovely, I would have the on of Molly Brown and the PM on my wall!!! I have been promising my husband just one last trip for so long now, Im not sure we will ever stop going even when the children are all grown up!!!

lovindisney87

You have some great photos there, and as daddyof2 said your kids still look young enough to enjoy going to dlp. I am pretty sure I would still go alone without the kids lol
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

MaxinUK

Thanks everyone for your kind comments - booked the Eurotunnel now so even more excited.

And we haven't told the kids yet....   :D

Zee79

Quote from: lovindisney87 on March 13, 2015, 02:02:45 PM
You have some great photos there, and as daddyof2 said your kids still look young enough to enjoy going to dlp. I am pretty sure I would still go alone without the kids lol

We've been going since dlp opened, I was 13 & I didn't have my first until I was 24, so a lot of years without kids haha I've been taking my kids since they were 9 months old & they love it, both now 12 & 8 & my eldest is planning her next trip.

minnieme

I love these photos. What a beautiful family! So glad you enjoyed it.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

Little mermaid 240

The first time we took our daughter she was 14 and she did not really watch any of the videos/DVDs this was Halloween 2009! Since then she picked to go again 2011 for working hard on her exams - this got cancelled - not because she didn't work hard but my husband broke his collar bone the week before we were due to go but went in 2012 for a week instead!  She also came with us 2013 for our silver wedding anniversary - as you can't go to disney without a child! This principle covered Disneyworld 2014 and Disneyland Paris 2015!

Also she had planned for us to go to Disneyworld  2018 so she can have graduation ears she will be 23 and her dad will be 50!

So don't worry about getting your magical trips in we will have managed 6 trips as a family by 2018!

She a total disney fan now and wears ears for the full trips!
Little Mermaid x

DisneyRon

Quote from: Little mermaid 240 on April 16, 2015, 05:05:51 PM
as you can't go to disney without a child!

I disagree with this statement though. ;)
I've gone solo twice now as a male of 34. :P
Admittedly, I'm a bit of a Disney nut.
Nothing wrong with DLP without children in my opinion.