Disney Hotel without park tickets

Started by ecoutetoncoeur, February 11, 2015, 11:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoutetoncoeur

Hi everyone,
is it possible to book a Disneyland Hotel for only a night without paying park tickets?
I give you an example: I would like to arrive on Monday afternoon/evening, so I would like to have only the room for that night. From Tuesday, I would like to book normally for the room, breakfast and park tickets. But on Saturday morning I would like to leave and not have park tickets, only the night between Friday and Saturday.
Is it possibile doing this on the website?  :-\

22/24.10.14 - DLP; 22/26.11.15 - DLP

DLPWonders (Banned)

You can't do that on the website, you have to book by phone if you want room only.
But keep in mind that room only, especially the Disneyland Hotel, is really expensive!
The cheapest room there is 575€ per night, room only.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

captain rocket

Disney make it so hard to do anything they don't consider "standard" Why not book room only at one of the partner hotels, Kyriad, Dream Castle, Magic Circus or Explorers and buy a one day park pass. This will probably save you a lot of money, maybe even enough to buy an AP and still save money!

andrewuk

When we stayed at Kyriad we bought our tickets at the hotel, so you it works there, but I'm not sure about the Disney hotels. :-\
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

littlebitofpixiedust

This is also something I've looked into myself, the official website adds park tickets and I looked on expedia and other websites to see if I could book an on-site Disney hotel only and only could find the ones mentioned above.

I'd personally would be more than happy to try kyraid/dream castle ect and buy APs as I think you'd save an awful lot especially if your returning. We visit 2-3 times a year, so would be worthwhile. But with my son being in a wheelchair I think it puts me of using the shuttle buses. I think it'd be incredibly hard getting him on/off as "some" push and shove from what I remember from before having my son. So we always stay on-site and walk.

I'd be very interested to find out if you find it possible in any other way though! So I'll keep checking the comments  :)

captain rocket

The buses used to the Kyriad are the kneeling type buses and there are specific areas on board for wheelchairs, although given the bad behaviour of some guests I understand your reluctance!
I visited four times last year, I stay 2/3 nights and have a dream AP, I could'nt contemplate visiting at Disney's horrendous prices, I have stayed in every Disney hotel and you cannot argue against the convenience, but those prices are spiteful! Do you drive yourself? If so a Dream passport offers free parking at the main car park, so that could be a solution. If not, how about taking a taxi back from the park to the hotel? You would still save a load of money.
The other thing you could do is stay at the Explorers Hotel as this is curently the first stop for picking up on the way to the parks so would make it easier for you. The current sequence is Explorers, Kyriad, magic Circus and Dream castle. i have always stayed at the cheapest! I now look on Trivago and book with the best deal, Travel republic often have bookings with just £1.00 deposit with the balance due 30 days before arrival, but watch out if breakfast is included at the Kyriad!
If I can offer any other help, just ask.

littlebitofpixiedust

Great information given captain rocket  :)
I'd be to scared to drive!  :o  we book Eurostar wich again is convenient and we book early so ensure we always get the £69 pp return seats. We don't tend to pay more than £300 for our hotel and park passes for 5 days in a Disney hotel. We've stayed at them all also, but do tend to visit Cheyenne more often as its cheaper. Strangely enough we only paid £288 for HNY for our 5 day trip in may.
Did consider taxis but not sure how much it'd cost, I defiantly wouldn't try the shuttle buses I think just getting the wheelchair on board would be a nightmare in itself. And as you said some guests behaviour isnt good, such a shame it's the way it is because it really must put others of. And looking at the partner hotels I'd love to try sometime

ecoutetoncoeur

Thank you very much for all your answers! I will probably call them or send them an email...we would like to arrive on Sunday evening (so no park tickets for this day), stay at the hotel Cheyenne and enjoy the park from Monday to Friday :) I'll see what's the best to do ;)

22/24.10.14 - DLP; 22/26.11.15 - DLP

HFJohnson

If you're arriving late on Sunday I don't think it would be worth paying Disney prices for the extra night. Instead I would find a hotel nearby for the night and then transfer to Disney on the Monday morning. There are lots of reasonably priced places nearby in Val d'Europe and you can get from there to DLP easily by bus or train. I've stayed at the Sejours & Affairs and the Hipark Serris and both were good.