Using the trains

Started by clairabell13, February 02, 2015, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clairabell13

Hi all.

I was wondering - my French is very rusty High School French  :-[ .... now, I know all of the people who work at Disney are amazing, and seem to know English so well, but is this the same in the train station too?

Would love to use the train to go into Paris, but a little nervous about understanding everything. and then ending up somewhere totally random lol
October 2011 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvilliers
May 2012 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvillers

September 2018 - 12th Wedding Anniversary at Explorers Hotel - so excited!

stecal

Hi when i went 3 years ago i got the train from the station at disney to central paris and i can speak french but the lady in the ticket office spoke english and it was really easy,you can also view maps online of the route to work out which stop you want to get off,this link might help as it is in english
http://parisbytrain.com/category/maps/

clairabell13

Jo316

Just to add to this what train do I need and what station do I get off at the Eiffel Tower?
thanks

stecal

hi i think from memory you need to get off at champ de mars on rer line C which means you will need to change rer trains as it is line A that leaves from disney,here is a map of the rer trains i haven't been for a few years so someone with more knowledge might be able to help you more
http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/rer.pdf

caspdex

Take RER A from disney to Charles de Gaulle/Etoile, change there to line 6 I think ,to Bar  Hakiem. 2 min walk from there to the tower. Use the ticket machines at Disney station, you can set them to English, no need to go to the ticket office.🗼🚈

Thaliel

the RER line map is very simple, each line has a different color and important sights/their respective stations ae indicated basically everywhere.

Should you still get lost, try asking "Où est..." (where is...), Où is pronounced like in you, est is pronounced like in meh). Most frequented places will also very likely have policemen/women having an eye on everyone's security, they can always help as well
<-Plz click

clairabell13

This is really helpful.  Thanks

I remember Ou est.... lol  ;)

andrewuk

The metro journey is incredible. The train emerges from the tunnel as you go over the Seine with the Eiffel tower right in front of you! They even featured that in an episode of ER! :D
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Jo316