booking a trip via the disneylandparis.fr site

Started by paulandmary1006, January 21, 2015, 12:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulandmary1006

Hi

I am sure this may have been covered lots on here, but as a newbie, I just wanted to ask what were peoples experiences of booking a trip to DLP via the www.disneylandparis.fr site when based in the UK? Having just recently booked for a trip in a couple of weeks (family very excited) we have saved ourselves a lot of money by doing it this way. With the aid of google translate it was nice and simple.

But....

As with anything like this, I am slightly apprehensive about it and if we are going to get charged extra when we arrive at the hotel (im sure we wont but like reassurance).

Have many others done their bookings this way? Was it as straight forward as it seems? It just seems to simple at the moment and as I say, weve saved hundreds, and the deal is exactly the same if we booked it through the .co.uk site.

Thanks for any replies

cyrilthemilkman

I looked into doing this but the cost for when I was looking was far more expensive in France. i.e.

21/10/2015 - 25/10/2015 - Davy Crockett - 2 adults 3 Children

UK site - £592
French site - 1400+ Euros, even with the exchange rate like it is, that is nowhere near the UK price. 
Same rooms etc... The UK site had the 40 yes days offer though that brought it down from about 800.  If you're going closer to now I think the french site worked out cheaper as they had different offers on.  So its all when you want to go I think.

msRavenswood

Quote from: paulandmary1006 on January 21, 2015, 12:34:54 PM
Hi

I am sure this may have been covered lots on here, but as a newbie, I just wanted to ask what were peoples experiences of booking a trip to DLP via the www.disneylandparis.fr site when based in the UK? Having just recently booked for a trip in a couple of weeks (family very excited) we have saved ourselves a lot of money by doing it this way. With the aid of google translate it was nice and simple.

But....

As with anything like this, I am slightly apprehensive about it and if we are going to get charged extra when we arrive at the hotel (im sure we wont but like reassurance).

Have many others done their bookings this way? Was it as straight forward as it seems? It just seems to simple at the moment and as I say, weve saved hundreds, and the deal is exactly the same if we booked it through the .co.uk site.

Thanks for any replies

We live in Greece and booked our last visit via the UK site because there was a really great offer which saved us lots of money. I was a little nervous at first because I wasn't sure that it was legit to book an offer via another country's site so I contacted Disneyland customer service and they told me that there is no problem at all with doing so, just that I had to pay in pounds instead of euro. We are definitely booking our next visit via whichever site offers the best package.  :D

Mrsya

We have also just booked (via the phone though) and other than the €19 handling fee the man in the phone said there are no other hidden costs or differences to using the UK site. Some banks charge you a fee for purchasing something in euros instead of gbp so that's one to check.

God bless google translator huh?!

paulandmary1006

Quote from: Mrsya on January 21, 2015, 01:57:22 PM
We have also just booked (via the phone though) and other than the €19 handling fee the man in the phone said there are no other hidden costs or differences to using the UK site. Some banks charge you a fee for purchasing something in euros instead of gbp so that's one to check.

God bless google translator huh?!

absolutely! plus booking the train independently saved a few quid too. Goes to show worth shopping around if you are prepared to take the time 

DisneyMichelle

How do you book via a different countries site with a UK address? Iv not looked in to this before.

I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

paulandmary1006

Quote from: DisneyMichelle on January 22, 2015, 09:48:15 AM
How do you book via a different countries site with a UK address? Iv not looked in to this before.

we opened the disneylandparis.co.uk first and then in a seperate window opened disneylandparis.fr

As  I used google chrome, there is a translate function that pretty much translated all the page into english, albeit in some cases the sentances were a bit jumbled, but it was easy to make out.  As i had the english site open too i just went through the same pages as i was booking on the french site just to check, but didnt go through the payment on the english page.

When it comes to putting your address in on the french site, you cannot edit the country from France but the box to the left of it, i think it was area, we wrote Oxfordshire, United Kingdom. The proceeded through the payment screens and all done!

Its worth checking your spam folders though when they send confirmation email. You will have to translate this again using google translate, assuming your french isnt any good!

We then booked the eurostar via their UK website. again, this saved us a fair bit of money than if we booked it all through disneylandparis.co.uk

All in, i think we saved around £400 on a three night break in February

DisneyMichelle

Thats really interesting to know. I have just tried to search a holiday via the french site but as it went to the hotel results it automatically took me back to the UK site.

Maybe ill have to try it on my ipad rather then the work PC. lol
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

Mrsya

My iPad wouldn't let me have different country's windows open at the same time - something to do with cookies.

Try disneyland.ie too as they came up £409 cheaper than uk. Disneyland.fr saved us £411 in the end! I found the price I wanted and then rang the uk reservation phone number and asked for a 'crossover offer'.

dejmurph1

hi all, for anyone who may be thinking of a last minute break, the French Travel site, Voyage Prive, has a 50% offer on all DLP Hotels and tickets. Breaks available up to the end of March. I used them before and had no issues. here is the link:

http://www.voyage-prive.com/thematique/ventes/39939?from=52d3a63cf53ea44ad06cbad5081620e8&utm_medium=email&utm_source=NL&utm_campaign=standard&utm_term=NL1&utm_content=030215NLS06NL1VP_FR&ectrans=1&ectrans=1

If link doesnt work just go to voyage-prive.com. :)