Tips for rides at the Disney Studio's

Started by Rapunzel1, January 18, 2015, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapunzel1

In May we are going to Disneyland again. This will be our third time. This year we also want to do the studio tram tour, nemo  and the Toy story parachutes. We always skip that because lines are always too long. Last year we were in March. It was not that busy at all. So we decided to go for the tram tour. We chose the middle line. And it didn't move at all. I think there was only one tram riding. Getting on board made no sense at all. So after wAiting for more than 45 minutes and hardly moving at all we left. Our youngest had to go to the bathroom anyway. Nemo always has a long line but was closed last year. Parachutes are also always long.

So what are your tips? This year we will arrive in the afternoon om May 5 (tuesday) and leave on Thursday May 7. What is the best day to visit and around what times. And does Nemo have a bavy switch and where do you go to for that?  Our youngest son cannot enter Nemo.

stifle

Crush's Coaster is almost always busy. Yes you can do Baby Switch, just tell the cast member when you get near the top of the queue and then again when you get off. Your partner should then come in the exit. Or alternatively use the single rider queue if it's quiet and you only have adults riding – this is also a good strategy at RC Racer and Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop where the single rider queue is often only 5-10 minutes. Don't forget to check out the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror too.

I think it should not be very busy on the days you mentioned.

andrewuk

Get in the park early and go straight to the ride you want to do the most. You could easily pick up a ToT fastpass on the way to the rides you mentioned. ;)
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Esti

And get FastPasses for Ratatouille! Unless the park is absolutely empty, the queue will be at least an hours long and it can easily get to two hours, so if you're going with kids, get FPs. They ran out quickly, so be careful.

Mrsya

We got stuck in the middle queue on tram tours too!!!  >:(

We saw people walking straight down the left and onto a tram so after 50 mins (said 10 mins) I asked if that was a fastpass queue and was told you just pick the shortest queue - doh! I know that much but you expect the queues to reduce at an even rate. They were emptying left and right and taking a handful from the middle. Ridiculous that it is an ongoing problem!

My tips would be: single rider on parachute drop, fastpass for ratatouille, parade time or later for all other rides. Never managed Crush yet...

vampira

We did Crush's Coaster first thing in the morning, when the park just opened. There was a small line already, but nothing compared to the line of people when we came out of the ride.
For ratatouille we tried the single riders line, as we didn't have enough time to come back later (with a fastpass) and all 3 of us rode twice in less than half an hour.
I have never been on the Parachute drop, so can't help with that. The Studio tram tour-ine can be very long, but we were lucky last time, since it moved pretty fast.  :) 
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"