Have I been overcharged?

Started by CH3ZZZER, January 16, 2015, 02:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH3ZZZER

Hello, I've booked our August trip with Thomson to stay at the Disneyland hotel with premium half board meal plan.
It's my daughter's birthday during the stay and we've paid an additional £141.00 for a princess lunch.
Have I been overcharged - as reading online I think I can use my half board vouchers and pay any additional costs or will this £141.00 cover 2 adults & 1 child?
I've been told by Thomson to call back in June to make the reservation.
Thank you for any help xx

DisneyRon

Just doing a few quick calculations, £141 is about €185, which is slightly (€17) more than it would cost to lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon out of pocket for 2 adults and 1 child, which is not too surprising as your travel agent usually needs to make a little money on such transactions as well. It's certainly not a huge overcharge.

As for using your Premium Half-board vouchers, those would actually cover the meal entirely, not just partially. ;)

As for making a reservation, you can make reservations 60 days before your arrival date, I suggest you do that for at least your lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon as that is probably one of the most busy places to lunch at. It tends to fill up very quickly.

Fluffymilly

If I were you I would cancel the booking with the travel agent (so long as you don't lose any money!) and use your meal voucher instead. Its a huge meal and you are unlikely to need another big meal that day so your meal voucher might get wasted and yes definitely book it in advance.

CH3ZZZER

thank you for helping - ill will ask my travel agent when i book the reservation