Have the opinion at the time to close for safety reasons the parks?

Started by Magicpartytime, January 09, 2015, 03:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes
2 (28.6%)
No
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 29, 2015, 03:58:55 PM

Magicpartytime

Sulley's Arms

Does the title of your survey have an English translation?

Sorry, but I can't speak Yoda.  ::)

Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

msRavenswood

They probably mean if it's wise to close the parks for safety reasons because of the recent events in Paris.

nathalie

Disney has nothing to do with any reason what so ever why that newspaper was attacked, so I'm pretty sure it's all safe.

daddyof2

I'm of the opinion that Disney have security advisors and would close if there was a risk (I think they may have closed their US parks temporarily when the 9/11 attacks happened)

KentDisney

There was no need to close the parks, you don't just stop daily life otherwise they win. As long as there is no threat to DLP (which there wasn't) there is no need to close them.

BenRM

I believe the current, heartbreaking attacks upon Paris, have been aimed purely at a political and/or religious stance.

Thankfully Disneyland Paris is a distance from Paris itself and not involved with any of the companies that have been significantly involved with the attacks. So I do believe Disney is very safe at present.

Lets not forget, there are bag and security searches upon entry to the resort - which I imagine have currently been increased for safety - and its possibly one of the safest places to be. Even if it may slow down entry a tad.

Chin up and dont worry. Paris will bounce back and do us all so proud.

Karen

I completely agree, with the bag checks in place Disney Paris is probably one of the safest places around.  We have to carry on as normal as previously said, book our holidays to DLRP, I know I can't wait to go back. God bless the people of France,  who have always been so lovely to us on our many visits.

merlin

We are driving to dlrp in April and staying at dcr i have got to admit this has taken a bit of shine of my excitement.
The thought of driving all that way with a great GB sticker on the car and a bright yellow number plate bothers me also the security of the park I'm not so worried about but being off site in dcr is the security the same?
I'm still going but as i said talking the wife four young kids 1 of which will be 4 month old and there grandparents does worry me a little.
I am a worrier on a trip to dlrp normally but usually about weather the car tickets passports now this is on the list ;)
it's not going to stop me though love the place to much ;D

Sulley15

Quote from: merlin on January 10, 2015, 08:26:00 AM
We are driving to dlrp in April and staying at dcr i have got to admit this has taken a bit of shine of my excitement.
The thought of driving all that way with a great GB sticker on the car and a bright yellow number plate bothers me also the security of the park I'm not so worried about but being off site in dcr is the security the same?
I'm still going but as i said talking the wife four young kids 1 of which will be 4 month old and there grandparents does worry me a little.
I am a worrier on a trip to dlrp normally but usually about weather the car tickets passports now this is on the list ;)
it's not going to stop me though love the place to much ;D

I drove the last time to disneyland was in 2013, I was the only Brit at one stage driving on the toll roads! Hopefully the condition of the roads have improved, we complain about pot holes in this country they must complain about the small bits of smooth Tarmac! Literally some of the roads we were on wear like our country lanes....

I must say when you get nearer Paris you need to be quick as the French will swamp you when the roads join together for the junction...
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

daddyof2

Merlin, I don't think you should worry about driving with your obviously British car, just make sure you have all the correct things (I think you need HV vests, bulbs, etc but you probably already know all that) and your passports, driving licence/s and you should be fine. As I've stated elsewhere, you're at no more risk today than you were last week.

Samninetysix

We've been to DLP 53 times so far and apart from 1 trip on Eurostar we always drive and have stayed at DCR many times. We've always found the trip very easy with the only "dodgy" bit being on the A104, just keep your eyes open and pay attention to road signs, sat nav etc. Mostly it's common sense.

As for the location of yesterday's proceedings, it's about 30 minutes from DLP, the wifey and I have driven past it lots of times (because she doesn't like the A104 :) ). I remember saying to her though, there's always an armed military presence at DLP and no doubt that will have been strengthened in the light of recent events. We've always found the roads in France to be excellent, not sure about the pot hole experience but then I suppose they all need maintenance at some point.

Really though, it's an easy drive and once you get off the A104 onto the A4 your pretty much there, it's maybe 10 minutes away :)